`Let political leaders choose best Prez candidate`
Hyderabad: Refusing to be drawn into the debate over presidential candidature, Infosys mentor NR Narayana Murthy on Monday said the decision of choosing the best candidate should be left to leaders of political parities.
"There are leaders of various political parties who are very competent, who know the situation very well and they will take the best decision and select the best candidate.
"Therefore, I do not think any of us, amateurs, should be spending time on who will be the candidate, who should not be the candidate. Therefore, let us leave it to the people who have the prerogative to take the decision. I am positive that they will take the right decision. It is not for me to comment on that," Murthy told reporters at the sidelines of the convocation of Jawaharlal Nehru Technology University, Hyderabad (JNTUH).
The software icon was replying to a media query on the Presidential election.
Asked if he would accept to be a candidate if an offer is made to him, Murthy said, "I think these are not right questions. Let us all keep quiet and let us leave it to experts in this and let them decide. Who I am to make any comment?"
The Infosys founder`s name had figured among the possible apolitical candidates for the Presidential election.
Earlier, the JNTUH conferred the degree of Doctor of Philosophy (honoris causa) to Murthy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says