‘Let Sonia promise separate Telangana first’
Hyderabad: TDP legislators from Telangana
today said they would get a letter issued by their party chief
N Chandrababu Naidu on the statehood issue if Congress
president Sonia Gandhi promised to carve out a separate
"If Sonia Gandhi says she will create Telangana state if
Chandrababu writes a letter, we will prevail upon him to do
so," the Telangana TDP legislators asserted here on Monday.
The TDP legislators, under the aegis of the Telangana
Telugu Desam Forum, sat on a day-long dharna at the Indira
Park here demanding that the Central government immediately
table a Bill in the ongoing session of Parliament for creation
of Telangana state.
They announced that they would once again submit
resignations from their posts as soon as the Assembly Speaker
Nadendla Manohar returned to Hyderabad from his foreign trip.
All the 37 TDP legislators from Telangana, including one
suspended and three rebels, tendered their resignations on
July 4 in support of the statehood demand but the Speaker
rejected the resignations on July 23 saying they were
submitted "in a fit of emotion."
"We are ready to submit our resignations afresh as soon
as the Speaker returns. The Congress MLAs too should follow
suit and create a constitutional crisis," the Forum leaders
The Forum passed resolutions demanding that a Bill for
creation of Telangana state be tabled in the monsoon session
of Parliament; legislators of all parties from the region quit
their posts and create a constitutional crisis and the
government postpone the written test for recruitment of police
sub-inspectors till clause 14 (f) of the Presidential Order
Forum convenor Errabilli Dayakar Rao, senior leader T
Devender Goud, several MLAs, MLCs and other TDP leaders took
part in the agitation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal