Lokur sworn in as Chief Justice of AP High Court
Hyderabad: Justice Madan Bhimarao Lokur
was on Tuesday sworn in as the Chief Justice of the Andhra Pradesh
High Court here.
Justice Lokur was administered the oath of the office
by Governor E S L Narasimhan at Raj Bhavan in a ceremony
attended by the Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, his deputy
Damodar Rajnarasimha, besides some ministers and legislators.
Before his transfer to the AP High Court, justice
Lokur served as the chief justice of Gauhati High Court.
Lokur, who hails from Delhi, will attain the age of 58
in December and is an alumnus of St Stephen`s College and
became graduated in Law from Delhi University in 1977.
He was appointed as the Additional Solicitor General
of India in July 1998 till he was appointed as an Additional
Judge of Delhi High Court in February, 1999 and then Permanent
Judge on July 5, 1999.
Lokur was also appointed as the member of the
Mediation and Conciliation Project Committee of the Supreme
Court in April, 2005 and appointed as member of the Legal
Education Committee of the Bar Council of India in 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan