Lord Venkateswara offered 65 kgs silver
Tirupati: Silver offering weighing 65 kgs was made at the famous hill shrine of Lord Venkateswara at Tirumala near here by a former MP from Rajamundry in Andhra Pradesh on Saturday.
Hari Rao, a Telugu Desam Party MP from Rajamundry during 1984-89, had made the offering in the form of ingots equal to his body weight as fulfillment of vow made to the Lord, temple sources said.
He handed over the silver offering worth about Rs 28 lakh to the temple officials after conducting "Tulabaram" (weighing his weight), they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?