Lord Venkateswara offered 65 kgs silver
Tirupati: Silver offering weighing 65 kgs was made at the famous hill shrine of Lord Venkateswara at Tirumala near here by a former MP from Rajamundry in Andhra Pradesh on Saturday.
Hari Rao, a Telugu Desam Party MP from Rajamundry during 1984-89, had made the offering in the form of ingots equal to his body weight as fulfillment of vow made to the Lord, temple sources said.
He handed over the silver offering worth about Rs 28 lakh to the temple officials after conducting "Tulabaram" (weighing his weight), they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note