Lord Venkateswara offered 65 kgs silver
Tirupati: Silver offering weighing 65 kgs was made at the famous hill shrine of Lord Venkateswara at Tirumala near here by a former MP from Rajamundry in Andhra Pradesh on Saturday.
Hari Rao, a Telugu Desam Party MP from Rajamundry during 1984-89, had made the offering in the form of ingots equal to his body weight as fulfillment of vow made to the Lord, temple sources said.
He handed over the silver offering worth about Rs 28 lakh to the temple officials after conducting "Tulabaram" (weighing his weight), they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!