Lord Venkateswara offered 65 kgs silver
Tirupati: Silver offering weighing 65 kgs was made at the famous hill shrine of Lord Venkateswara at Tirumala near here by a former MP from Rajamundry in Andhra Pradesh on Saturday.
Hari Rao, a Telugu Desam Party MP from Rajamundry during 1984-89, had made the offering in the form of ingots equal to his body weight as fulfillment of vow made to the Lord, temple sources said.
He handed over the silver offering worth about Rs 28 lakh to the temple officials after conducting "Tulabaram" (weighing his weight), they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB