Lord Venkateswara ornaments to be insured
Tirupati: All new and ancient ornaments of
dieties at the hill shrine of Lord Venkateswara at Tirumala
near here and ornaments of other temples run by the Tirumala
Tirupati Devasthanams will soon come under insurance cover.
"The TTD Board has discussed this in detail and decided to
insure the sacred ornaments at the earliest," TTD chairman
Adikesavulu Naidu told reporters here.
The Board has asked TTD administrative wing to take steps
and hold talks with well known insurance companies who come
forward with a low premium quote, he added.
The TTD, which manages the hill temple, has been facing
allegations over sale of temple rituals tickets and missing of
some antique valued ornaments gifted by some kings to the
Tirumala temple centuries ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'