LS adjourned after uproar over Telangana
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Lok Sabha was adjourned on Friday without transacting much business as TDP and Congress members again protested on the Telangana issue, a day after government moved a motion seeking suspension of 10 members from Andhra Pradesh for stalling the proceedings repeatedly.
Soon after obituary reference, Speaker Meira Kumar took up the first listed question and asked Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad to reply.
As the minister rose to speak, four TDP members walked into the Well holding placards demanding justice for Andhra Pradesh.
Several Congress members from Andhra Pradesh walked up to the Well holding placards which read "We want united Andhra Pradesh". They also raised slogans demanding justice.
The protesters were mainly those whose suspension has been sought for the rest of the session by Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kamal Nath.
Earlier, the Speaker adjourned the House till noon even as Azad was answering a supplementary put by Surendra Singh Nagar (BSP).
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured