LS adjourned after uproar over Telangana
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Lok Sabha was adjourned on Friday without transacting much business as TDP and Congress members again protested on the Telangana issue, a day after government moved a motion seeking suspension of 10 members from Andhra Pradesh for stalling the proceedings repeatedly.
Soon after obituary reference, Speaker Meira Kumar took up the first listed question and asked Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad to reply.
As the minister rose to speak, four TDP members walked into the Well holding placards demanding justice for Andhra Pradesh.
Several Congress members from Andhra Pradesh walked up to the Well holding placards which read "We want united Andhra Pradesh". They also raised slogans demanding justice.
The protesters were mainly those whose suspension has been sought for the rest of the session by Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kamal Nath.
Earlier, the Speaker adjourned the House till noon even as Azad was answering a supplementary put by Surendra Singh Nagar (BSP).
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing