LS adjourned after uproar over Telangana
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Lok Sabha was adjourned on Friday without transacting much business as TDP and Congress members again protested on the Telangana issue, a day after government moved a motion seeking suspension of 10 members from Andhra Pradesh for stalling the proceedings repeatedly.
Soon after obituary reference, Speaker Meira Kumar took up the first listed question and asked Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad to reply.
As the minister rose to speak, four TDP members walked into the Well holding placards demanding justice for Andhra Pradesh.
Several Congress members from Andhra Pradesh walked up to the Well holding placards which read "We want united Andhra Pradesh". They also raised slogans demanding justice.
The protesters were mainly those whose suspension has been sought for the rest of the session by Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kamal Nath.
Earlier, the Speaker adjourned the House till noon even as Azad was answering a supplementary put by Surendra Singh Nagar (BSP).
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- IIFA 2016: 'Befikre' lover-boy Ranveer Singh writes the most romantic congratulatory note for ladylove Deepika Padukone!
- India to get access to almost 99% of US defence technologies: White House official
- IIFA Madrid: Priyanka Chopra steals the show, thanks Shiamak Davar troupe!-- See pic
- 16 Taliban militants killed in US drone strike
- 1975 emergency was black day for India: PM Modi