Major IPS officers reshuffle in Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh government has effected major changes in the state police administration by transferring 43 Indian Police Service officers of various ranks and giving postings to three more.
In all, two Director General of Police-rank officers, eight Additional DGP-rank, 13 Inspector General of Police-rank, one DIG and 22 Superintendent of Police-rank officers were transferred in the reshuffle late last night.
Superintendents of Police of four rural and two urban districts were shifted in this exercise, sources said.
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy signed the file for transfers before leaving for Bengaluru last night and accordingly Chief Secretary Minnie Mathew issued formal orders effecting the transfers.
Director General of Police-rank officer Umesh Kumar of the 1977 batch, who has been kept on wait for over a month following his reinstatement into service after a brief suspension, has been posted as Chairman of the obscure Godavari Valley Development Authority in the Planning Department.
Tarini Prasad Das of the 1979 batch has been made the new Principal Secretary, Home, relieving Special Chief Secretary-rank IAS officer Ajoyendra Pyal of the full additional charge.
The Principal Secretary, Home, post has been lying vacant since the voluntary retirement of 1975 batch officer P Gautam Kumar.
Additional Director General of Police S V Ramana Murthy (1982 batch), who was heading the Crime Investigation Department, has been shifted to the Disaster Response and Fire Services Department.
The DGP had openly made allegations of misconduct against Murthy in a televised interview recently.
Tenneti Krishna Prasad (1986), a known loyalist of the DGP, has been posted in Murthy`s place.
D Boobathi Babu (1983 batch), who was previously retained
in the Anti-Corruption Bureau in the rank of Additional DGP, has now been shifted to the Government Railway Police.
Varun Sindhu Kul Kaumudi (1986) has been shifted from GRP to Provisions and Logistics wing as Additional DGP.
In an other significant change, B Shivdhar Reddy (1994) has been made the new Commissioner of Police, Visakhapatnam city, in the place of J Purnachandra Rao (1988 batch) who has been made the Inspector General of Police, Law and Order.
Soumya Mishra (1994) has been made the new IGP, Welfare, in the existing vacancy.
Sandeep Shandilya (1993) has been made the new Additional Commissioner of Police (Crimes and Special Investigation Team) in the Hyderabad Commissionerate.
Controversial IPS officer C M Thrivikram Varma (2005), who was involved in a public fight with his junior IPS officers, has been removed as SP, East Godavari district, and posted to the AP Special Police Battalion.
Government sources said some more changes are likely in the next few days as certain vacancies have to be filled up and a few officers are to be given fresh posting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'