Make clear where you stand, BJP to UPA allies
Hyderabad: BJP Sunday asked UPA allies to make clear whether they were with "the people" or the government.
Talking to reporters here, senior BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu said the allies of the UPA government must take a categorical stand, and merely shedding crocodile tears and making eye-wash statements was not a solution.
"If they are with the people, they should pressurise the government to roll back anti-people and anti-poor decisions, or withdraw support to this corrupt government," Naidu said.
He appealed the people to express their anger, as BJP-led NDA had given a Bharat bandh call on September 20 to protest Centre`s decision to hike diesel prices and allow FDI in multi-brand retail.
The UPA government, which was sleeping `Kumbhakarna`s sleep`, suddenly woke up and started making desperate announcements to cover up its failures and divert attention from corruption scams, Naidu said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Disrupted sleeping habits may cause suicidal thoughts
- US aid to Pakistan shrinks amid mounting frustration over militants
- SC asks Parsvnath to refund home buyers; builder says it can't repay
- Supreme Court admits plea to declare triple talaq illegal; issues notice to Centre
- Philippine govt, Communist rebels agree on indefinite truce: Norway