Make clear where you stand, BJP to UPA allies
Hyderabad: BJP Sunday asked UPA allies to make clear whether they were with "the people" or the government.
Talking to reporters here, senior BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu said the allies of the UPA government must take a categorical stand, and merely shedding crocodile tears and making eye-wash statements was not a solution.
"If they are with the people, they should pressurise the government to roll back anti-people and anti-poor decisions, or withdraw support to this corrupt government," Naidu said.
He appealed the people to express their anger, as BJP-led NDA had given a Bharat bandh call on September 20 to protest Centre`s decision to hike diesel prices and allow FDI in multi-brand retail.
The UPA government, which was sleeping `Kumbhakarna`s sleep`, suddenly woke up and started making desperate announcements to cover up its failures and divert attention from corruption scams, Naidu said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`; likely sole shooter
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`: Police