Make clear where you stand, BJP to UPA allies
Hyderabad: BJP Sunday asked UPA allies to make clear whether they were with "the people" or the government.
Talking to reporters here, senior BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu said the allies of the UPA government must take a categorical stand, and merely shedding crocodile tears and making eye-wash statements was not a solution.
"If they are with the people, they should pressurise the government to roll back anti-people and anti-poor decisions, or withdraw support to this corrupt government," Naidu said.
He appealed the people to express their anger, as BJP-led NDA had given a Bharat bandh call on September 20 to protest Centre`s decision to hike diesel prices and allow FDI in multi-brand retail.
The UPA government, which was sleeping `Kumbhakarna`s sleep`, suddenly woke up and started making desperate announcements to cover up its failures and divert attention from corruption scams, Naidu said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- A good beginning: Govt on meet between PM Modi, Sonia over GST Bill