Make clear where you stand, BJP to UPA allies
Hyderabad: BJP Sunday asked UPA allies to make clear whether they were with "the people" or the government.
Talking to reporters here, senior BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu said the allies of the UPA government must take a categorical stand, and merely shedding crocodile tears and making eye-wash statements was not a solution.
"If they are with the people, they should pressurise the government to roll back anti-people and anti-poor decisions, or withdraw support to this corrupt government," Naidu said.
He appealed the people to express their anger, as BJP-led NDA had given a Bharat bandh call on September 20 to protest Centre`s decision to hike diesel prices and allow FDI in multi-brand retail.
The UPA government, which was sleeping `Kumbhakarna`s sleep`, suddenly woke up and started making desperate announcements to cover up its failures and divert attention from corruption scams, Naidu said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you