Make clear where you stand, BJP to UPA allies
Hyderabad: BJP Sunday asked UPA allies to make clear whether they were with "the people" or the government.
Talking to reporters here, senior BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu said the allies of the UPA government must take a categorical stand, and merely shedding crocodile tears and making eye-wash statements was not a solution.
"If they are with the people, they should pressurise the government to roll back anti-people and anti-poor decisions, or withdraw support to this corrupt government," Naidu said.
He appealed the people to express their anger, as BJP-led NDA had given a Bharat bandh call on September 20 to protest Centre`s decision to hike diesel prices and allow FDI in multi-brand retail.
The UPA government, which was sleeping `Kumbhakarna`s sleep`, suddenly woke up and started making desperate announcements to cover up its failures and divert attention from corruption scams, Naidu said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed