Malegaon blast case: Govt should punish erring officials for wrongful framing of Muslims, says Asaduddin Owaisi

 President All India Majlis-E-Ittehadul Muslimeen Party Asaduddin Owaisi demanded on Monday that government ought to pay compensation to those discharged by court in  Malegaon blast case and punish erring officials for wrongful framing of Muslims.

Last Updated: Apr 25, 2016, 16:54 PM IST

Hyderabad: President All India Majlis-E-Ittehadul Muslimeen Party Asaduddin Owaisi demanded on Monday that government ought to pay compensation to those discharged by court in  Malegaon blast case and punish erring officials for wrongful framing of Muslims.

He also said that Congress and NCP party should introspect and apologise when in power in Maharsahtra they did not listen to voices who said Muslims were not involved.

The MP further said, "Responsibility of NIA to get conviction so that justice is done 37 people who were killed."

Owaisi took to micro-blogging site Twitter to post the following:

In an important development today, special Mumbai court today discharged eight accused in 2006 Malegaon bomb blast case.

The order was passed by Sessions Judge VV Patil while heading a discharge applications filed by the accused.

One accused in the case had died, while six were released earlier in 2011 on bail.

Two other accused have been convicted in the 2006 train blast case.

The National Investigation Agency had last week told a Mumbai court it has found no evidence to link nine Muslims arrested in the 2006 Malegaon blasts case to the terror attack, a move that paved the way for their release.

The NIA also did not object to the discharge applications filed by the arrested accused, saying evidence collected by it were "not in consonance" with those obtained earlier by Maharashtra Anti-terrorism Squad and the Central Bureau of Investigation, which had recommended their prosecution.

"It is submitted that evidence collected by NIA in further investigation is not in consonance with evidence collected by the Anti-Terrorism Squad and the CBI. The court may kindly pass appropriate orders in the matter," the anti-terror agency told a special NIA court in response to discharge applications filed by the nine accused.

It said no evidence was found in support of the conclusion drawn in final reports filed by ATS and CBI, which had probed the case earlier, and recommended prosecution of the accused arrested in connection with the September 8, 2006 explosions that killed 37 people and wounded 125.

(With Agency inputs)