Man asks nephew to rape wife, both get 10 years` jail
Hyderabad: A local court has sentenced a man to 10 years` imprisonment for helping his nephew rape his wife so that she could conceive and give birth to a baby.
The nephew was also given a 10-year jail term.
Apart from the rigorous imprisonment, the court also imposed a fine of Rs 1,000 each on Pentam Raju and his nephew Naveen.
According to the prosecution, on January 12, 2010, Naveen raped Raju`s wife at the couple`s residence, with Raju holding her down.
Both were arrested by Narayanaguda police after the victim lodged a complaint.
Probe revealed that Raju and the victim married in 2004 and a daughter was born to them. But the child died within a few days of the birth, and after that the victim never conceived.
Therefore, Raju wanted her to have a sexual intercourse with Naveen and get pregnant, which led to the rape.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says