Man asks nephew to rape wife, both get 10 years` jail
Hyderabad: A local court has sentenced a man to 10 years` imprisonment for helping his nephew rape his wife so that she could conceive and give birth to a baby.
The nephew was also given a 10-year jail term.
Apart from the rigorous imprisonment, the court also imposed a fine of Rs 1,000 each on Pentam Raju and his nephew Naveen.
According to the prosecution, on January 12, 2010, Naveen raped Raju`s wife at the couple`s residence, with Raju holding her down.
Both were arrested by Narayanaguda police after the victim lodged a complaint.
Probe revealed that Raju and the victim married in 2004 and a daughter was born to them. But the child died within a few days of the birth, and after that the victim never conceived.
Therefore, Raju wanted her to have a sexual intercourse with Naveen and get pregnant, which led to the rape.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections