Man breaks into Andhra Pradesh Assembly
Hyderabad: A man, said to be under mental depression, broke into the Andhra Pradesh state Legislative Assembly early Wednesday.
Police arrested the man and were questioning him. He has been identified as Ashok Reddy, a native of Warangal district of Telangana.
Deputy Commissioner of Police Kamalahasan Reddy said he was under mental depression. Police have booked the 35-year-old Ashok Reddy for tresspass.
The incident took place early Wednesday, exposing the security lapse. He entered into the building through the legislators` entry point and broke the window panes. A security guard spotted him and alerted the police.
It was not clear how the man managed to sneak through the three-layer security at the main gate and reached up to the legislators` entrance. The police official said a probe was ordered into the incident. "We will take action if any security lapse is found," he said.
The building currently houses assemblies of both Telangana and Andhra Pradesh states. The officer, however, clarified that the incident is not related to bifurcation of the state.
Police said Ashok Reddy, an employee of a private company, was under treatment for mental depression. He was staying with his wife in Hyderabad for five years. He had a fight with his wife early Wednesday and left home.
Congress legislator from Telangana P Sudhakar Reddy said the security had failed to protect the premises. He demanded stern action against the person involved in the incident. The Congress leader pointed out that solar fencing at a cost of Rs 30 lakh was erected as part of the security arrangements.
"If the legislature is not safe, what will be the security of common man," he asked.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case