Man consumes insecticide, commits suicide at TRS meeting
Karimnagar: A pro-Telangana agitator on Thursday ended his life by consuming insecticide at a Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) meeting in Manthani town of Karimnagar district, police said.
As TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao was addressing the meeting, Gunda Nagaraju (32) of Surayyapalli village of Manthani mandal, all of a sudden, tried to board the dais, but partymen stopped him.
Nagaraju immediately went behind the dais and consumed insecticide raising the slogan "Jai Telangana".
Police shifted him to the government hospital in Manthani and as his condition worsened, he was shifted to Chalimeda Institute of Health Sciences at the outskirts of Karimnagar town.
However, he died in the hospital while undergoing treatment.
Nagaraju had earlier climbed a cellular phone transmission tower in Manthani to register his protest.
The police have registered a case and an investigation is on, a police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley