Man consumes insecticide, commits suicide at TRS meeting
Karimnagar: A pro-Telangana agitator on Thursday ended his life by consuming insecticide at a Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) meeting in Manthani town of Karimnagar district, police said.
As TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao was addressing the meeting, Gunda Nagaraju (32) of Surayyapalli village of Manthani mandal, all of a sudden, tried to board the dais, but partymen stopped him.
Nagaraju immediately went behind the dais and consumed insecticide raising the slogan "Jai Telangana".
Police shifted him to the government hospital in Manthani and as his condition worsened, he was shifted to Chalimeda Institute of Health Sciences at the outskirts of Karimnagar town.
However, he died in the hospital while undergoing treatment.
Nagaraju had earlier climbed a cellular phone transmission tower in Manthani to register his protest.
The police have registered a case and an investigation is on, a police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?