Man consumes insecticide, commits suicide at TRS meeting
Karimnagar: A pro-Telangana agitator on Thursday ended his life by consuming insecticide at a Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) meeting in Manthani town of Karimnagar district, police said.
As TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao was addressing the meeting, Gunda Nagaraju (32) of Surayyapalli village of Manthani mandal, all of a sudden, tried to board the dais, but partymen stopped him.
Nagaraju immediately went behind the dais and consumed insecticide raising the slogan "Jai Telangana".
Police shifted him to the government hospital in Manthani and as his condition worsened, he was shifted to Chalimeda Institute of Health Sciences at the outskirts of Karimnagar town.
However, he died in the hospital while undergoing treatment.
Nagaraju had earlier climbed a cellular phone transmission tower in Manthani to register his protest.
The police have registered a case and an investigation is on, a police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!