Man dies after being hit by cop`s baton
Hyderabad: A 77-year-old retired government official died on Saturday after he was accidentally hit by a lathi (baton) thrown by police officer at a speeding motorist.
Pratap Reddy, a retired official of the forest department, succumbed to his injuries at a private hospital on Saturday, a day after he was injured in the incident that took place at Vanasthalipuram in the limits of Cyberabad police commissionerate.
A traffic sub-inspector flung his lathi in an effort to stop a speeding biker but it hit the old man who sustained head injuries. He was taken to the hospital in a critical condition.
Vanasthalipuram traffic sub-inspector RS Joseph, who was checking the vehicles along with his subordinates, had ordered a biker to stop but he did not comply. The cop threw his lathi but it missed the target and hit another man.
Taking serious note of the incident, Cyberabad Police Commissioner Thirumala Rao suspended the sub-inspector and a constable. He said disciplinary action would be taken against the sub-inspector. He also dismissed a homeguard in connection with the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Sleep apnea patients at glaucoma risk
- Unbelievable! Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' shatters Box Office, earns Rs 250 crore in India on Day 1?
- Audience don't judge stars with box office numbers: John Abraham
- 'Madaari' is outstanding, says Deepika Padukone
- Three Taliban commanders arrested in Afghanistan's Samangan province