Man dies after setting himself ablaze in AP town
Karimnagar (AP): A physically-challenged man died after he allegedly set himself afire over a family dispute at a busy square in the town, police said on Wednesday.
The incident took place last evening, police said, adding that the victim has been identified as Rala Narayana alias Maraiah (32) from Navipet in Nizamabad district.
According to police, Narayana had come to Karimnagar on Monday to submit an application at the district collectorate for the sanction of a tricycle under the Praja Vaani programme.
On Wednesday, he came to the busy Telangana Chowk in the town. He was carrying some kerosene in a tin and suddenly set himself on fire in the evening, police said.
Those present at the site, managed to douse the flames and rushed him to the Government Headquarters hospital.
According to hospital authorities, Narayana suffered 80 per cent burns.
The district authorities were called in to record his dying declaration, in which, he said that he was disturbed ever since his wife left his home and went to live with her parents. He later succumbed to his burn injuries.
Further investigations are on, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read