Man dies after setting himself ablaze in AP town
Karimnagar (AP): A physically-challenged man died after he allegedly set himself afire over a family dispute at a busy square in the town, police said on Wednesday.
The incident took place last evening, police said, adding that the victim has been identified as Rala Narayana alias Maraiah (32) from Navipet in Nizamabad district.
According to police, Narayana had come to Karimnagar on Monday to submit an application at the district collectorate for the sanction of a tricycle under the Praja Vaani programme.
On Wednesday, he came to the busy Telangana Chowk in the town. He was carrying some kerosene in a tin and suddenly set himself on fire in the evening, police said.
Those present at the site, managed to douse the flames and rushed him to the Government Headquarters hospital.
According to hospital authorities, Narayana suffered 80 per cent burns.
The district authorities were called in to record his dying declaration, in which, he said that he was disturbed ever since his wife left his home and went to live with her parents. He later succumbed to his burn injuries.
Further investigations are on, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?