Man dies after setting himself ablaze in AP town
Karimnagar (AP): A physically-challenged man died after he allegedly set himself afire over a family dispute at a busy square in the town, police said on Wednesday.
The incident took place last evening, police said, adding that the victim has been identified as Rala Narayana alias Maraiah (32) from Navipet in Nizamabad district.
According to police, Narayana had come to Karimnagar on Monday to submit an application at the district collectorate for the sanction of a tricycle under the Praja Vaani programme.
On Wednesday, he came to the busy Telangana Chowk in the town. He was carrying some kerosene in a tin and suddenly set himself on fire in the evening, police said.
Those present at the site, managed to douse the flames and rushed him to the Government Headquarters hospital.
According to hospital authorities, Narayana suffered 80 per cent burns.
The district authorities were called in to record his dying declaration, in which, he said that he was disturbed ever since his wife left his home and went to live with her parents. He later succumbed to his burn injuries.
Further investigations are on, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday