Man gets 10-yr RI for abetting wife`s suicide
Karimnagar: A local court has sentenced a man to 10 years of rigorous imprisonment for abetting his wife`s suicide for dowry.
Karimnagar Fast Track Court Judge G Venkata Krishnam Raju yesterday convicted 33-year-old Tirupathi and sentenced him to 10 years of rigorous imprisonment.
According to the Additional Public Prosecutor Sardar Harjeeth Singh, Tirupathi had married Kolipaka Ranjitha in 2004 at Kolanoor village of Odela mandal.
At the time of marriage, Ranjitha`s parents had given Rs 2 lakh as dowry. However, after a few years, Tirupathi and his parents started harassing Ranjitha for more dowry.
As she could not take on the pressure, Ranjitha finally committed suicide in February 2011.
Based on a complaint lodged by the victim`s parents, police had registered a case and launched investigation.
Though the court acquitted the woman`s in-laws, Tirupathi was convicted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional