Man gets 10-yr RI for abetting wife`s suicide
Karimnagar: A local court has sentenced a man to 10 years of rigorous imprisonment for abetting his wife`s suicide for dowry.
Karimnagar Fast Track Court Judge G Venkata Krishnam Raju yesterday convicted 33-year-old Tirupathi and sentenced him to 10 years of rigorous imprisonment.
According to the Additional Public Prosecutor Sardar Harjeeth Singh, Tirupathi had married Kolipaka Ranjitha in 2004 at Kolanoor village of Odela mandal.
At the time of marriage, Ranjitha`s parents had given Rs 2 lakh as dowry. However, after a few years, Tirupathi and his parents started harassing Ranjitha for more dowry.
As she could not take on the pressure, Ranjitha finally committed suicide in February 2011.
Based on a complaint lodged by the victim`s parents, police had registered a case and launched investigation.
Though the court acquitted the woman`s in-laws, Tirupathi was convicted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn