Man gets life term for killing wife in AP
Karimnagar (AP): A 45-year-old man was today sentenced to life imprisonment by a court here for killing his wife in 2011 over dowry.
Principal Sessions Judge V Jayasurya found Bommagani Ravinder, a resident of Reddy Colony in Husnabad mandal of the district, guilty of murdering his wife Anjamma (40).
Ravinder and Anjamma, who hailed from Mustisla village in Warangal district, got married in 2001. They were blessed with a girl child.
Later, Ravinder started harassing Anjamma physically and mentally for dowry. When Anjamma expressed her inability to bring dowry, he strangled her to death in their house on January 18, 2011, according to the prosecution.
Based on a complaint by the victim`s brother, police arrested Ravinder and charged him with murder.
The Judge, after examining 12 witnesses, convicted the accused and handed him a life term besides imposing a fine of Rs 1,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’