Man gets life term for killing wife in AP
Karimnagar (AP): A 45-year-old man was today sentenced to life imprisonment by a court here for killing his wife in 2011 over dowry.
Principal Sessions Judge V Jayasurya found Bommagani Ravinder, a resident of Reddy Colony in Husnabad mandal of the district, guilty of murdering his wife Anjamma (40).
Ravinder and Anjamma, who hailed from Mustisla village in Warangal district, got married in 2001. They were blessed with a girl child.
Later, Ravinder started harassing Anjamma physically and mentally for dowry. When Anjamma expressed her inability to bring dowry, he strangled her to death in their house on January 18, 2011, according to the prosecution.
Based on a complaint by the victim`s brother, police arrested Ravinder and charged him with murder.
The Judge, after examining 12 witnesses, convicted the accused and handed him a life term besides imposing a fine of Rs 1,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Islamic State bombings in southern Yemen kill 38
- UK pensions minister Crabb considering bid to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- Special panel on India's NSG membership bid? We're not aware, says China
- Ruby Rai, Bihar Class 12 topper now under arrest for cheating, says she never wanted to top the exam
- Euro 2016: Iceland stun England in one of greatest ever shocks