Man gets life term for killing wife in AP
Karimnagar (AP): A 45-year-old man was today sentenced to life imprisonment by a court here for killing his wife in 2011 over dowry.
Principal Sessions Judge V Jayasurya found Bommagani Ravinder, a resident of Reddy Colony in Husnabad mandal of the district, guilty of murdering his wife Anjamma (40).
Ravinder and Anjamma, who hailed from Mustisla village in Warangal district, got married in 2001. They were blessed with a girl child.
Later, Ravinder started harassing Anjamma physically and mentally for dowry. When Anjamma expressed her inability to bring dowry, he strangled her to death in their house on January 18, 2011, according to the prosecution.
Based on a complaint by the victim`s brother, police arrested Ravinder and charged him with murder.
The Judge, after examining 12 witnesses, convicted the accused and handed him a life term besides imposing a fine of Rs 1,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred