Man gets life term for killing wife in AP
Karimnagar (AP): A 45-year-old man was today sentenced to life imprisonment by a court here for killing his wife in 2011 over dowry.
Principal Sessions Judge V Jayasurya found Bommagani Ravinder, a resident of Reddy Colony in Husnabad mandal of the district, guilty of murdering his wife Anjamma (40).
Ravinder and Anjamma, who hailed from Mustisla village in Warangal district, got married in 2001. They were blessed with a girl child.
Later, Ravinder started harassing Anjamma physically and mentally for dowry. When Anjamma expressed her inability to bring dowry, he strangled her to death in their house on January 18, 2011, according to the prosecution.
Based on a complaint by the victim`s brother, police arrested Ravinder and charged him with murder.
The Judge, after examining 12 witnesses, convicted the accused and handed him a life term besides imposing a fine of Rs 1,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress