Man held for sending threat mails to ex-wife in AP
Hyderabad: A middle-aged man was arrested today from Secunderabad for allegedly sending threatening e-mails to his ex-wife, suspecting that she helped his second wife in exposing his "criminal past", police said.
"M Santosh Kumar Naidu had divorced his first wife and married another woman by suppressing the facts on his profile posted on a matrimonial website," Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police (Detective) Mohammed Zafer Javid told reporters.
Naidu was earlier convicted and jailed for siphoning off funds from a PSU bank to the tune of Rs 4 lakh, he said.
Later, Naidu, posted a profile claiming he was unmarried and an engineer working in the United Kingdom, police said, adding that a woman from Jaipur contacted him and they got married, police said.
However, Naidu started harassing her after marriage following which she filed for divorce, Javid said.
"Suspecting that his first wife might have informed the second one about his past, Naidu developed a grudge against her and started sending her threatening emails," the officer said.
After his first wife lodged the complaint, police traced the e-mails and arrested Naidu, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- Yakub Memon's last words before he was hanged - 'I pardon you'
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment