Man held for sending threat mails to ex-wife in AP
Hyderabad: A middle-aged man was arrested today from Secunderabad for allegedly sending threatening e-mails to his ex-wife, suspecting that she helped his second wife in exposing his "criminal past", police said.
"M Santosh Kumar Naidu had divorced his first wife and married another woman by suppressing the facts on his profile posted on a matrimonial website," Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police (Detective) Mohammed Zafer Javid told reporters.
Naidu was earlier convicted and jailed for siphoning off funds from a PSU bank to the tune of Rs 4 lakh, he said.
Later, Naidu, posted a profile claiming he was unmarried and an engineer working in the United Kingdom, police said, adding that a woman from Jaipur contacted him and they got married, police said.
However, Naidu started harassing her after marriage following which she filed for divorce, Javid said.
"Suspecting that his first wife might have informed the second one about his past, Naidu developed a grudge against her and started sending her threatening emails," the officer said.
After his first wife lodged the complaint, police traced the e-mails and arrested Naidu, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs