Man killed, 13 children hurt as school bus overturns in AP
Visakhapatnam: A pedestrian was killed and 13 students sustained injuries when their school bus overturned at a village in the district Monday, police said.
Nearly 20 children were on their way to a private school in Narsipatnam from Etugowrampeta village when the bus driver lost control of the vehicle following which it hit a person walking on the road at a turn in Ramanapalli village under Golugonda mandal, Sub-Inspector M Joga Rao said.
After hitting the man, the bus turned turtle, he said.
The man, identified as J Demudu (34), was rushed to a local hospital where he succumbed to his injuries, Rao said.
The injured children, in the age group of 4 to 13 years, were shifted to Narsipatnam Government Hospital where their condition was stated to be out of danger, he said.
Efforts were on to nab the absconding bus driver, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt