Man killed, 13 children hurt as school bus overturns in AP
Visakhapatnam: A pedestrian was killed and 13 students sustained injuries when their school bus overturned at a village in the district Monday, police said.
Nearly 20 children were on their way to a private school in Narsipatnam from Etugowrampeta village when the bus driver lost control of the vehicle following which it hit a person walking on the road at a turn in Ramanapalli village under Golugonda mandal, Sub-Inspector M Joga Rao said.
After hitting the man, the bus turned turtle, he said.
The man, identified as J Demudu (34), was rushed to a local hospital where he succumbed to his injuries, Rao said.
The injured children, in the age group of 4 to 13 years, were shifted to Narsipatnam Government Hospital where their condition was stated to be out of danger, he said.
Efforts were on to nab the absconding bus driver, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: All seats declared - BJP emerges as biggest gainer, bags 81 seats; Shiv Sena gets 84
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Twist in BMC poll results as BJP emerges as `largest party`
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway