Man killed, 13 children hurt as school bus overturns in AP
Visakhapatnam: A pedestrian was killed and 13 students sustained injuries when their school bus overturned at a village in the district Monday, police said.
Nearly 20 children were on their way to a private school in Narsipatnam from Etugowrampeta village when the bus driver lost control of the vehicle following which it hit a person walking on the road at a turn in Ramanapalli village under Golugonda mandal, Sub-Inspector M Joga Rao said.
After hitting the man, the bus turned turtle, he said.
The man, identified as J Demudu (34), was rushed to a local hospital where he succumbed to his injuries, Rao said.
The injured children, in the age group of 4 to 13 years, were shifted to Narsipatnam Government Hospital where their condition was stated to be out of danger, he said.
Efforts were on to nab the absconding bus driver, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says