Man killed, 13 children hurt as school bus overturns in AP
Visakhapatnam: A pedestrian was killed and 13 students sustained injuries when their school bus overturned at a village in the district Monday, police said.
Nearly 20 children were on their way to a private school in Narsipatnam from Etugowrampeta village when the bus driver lost control of the vehicle following which it hit a person walking on the road at a turn in Ramanapalli village under Golugonda mandal, Sub-Inspector M Joga Rao said.
After hitting the man, the bus turned turtle, he said.
The man, identified as J Demudu (34), was rushed to a local hospital where he succumbed to his injuries, Rao said.
The injured children, in the age group of 4 to 13 years, were shifted to Narsipatnam Government Hospital where their condition was stated to be out of danger, he said.
Efforts were on to nab the absconding bus driver, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Nirmala Sitharaman recommends raising tax holiday for start-ups
- Blasted by Twitterati, Tanmay Bhat hits back with 'Advani ke budhape' tweet; deletes it mins after posting
- Alan Pulido: Mexican footballer kidnapping sets off massive manhunt
- Italian actor Giorgio Albertazzi dies at 92
- Vanessa Paradis writes letter defending former partner Johnny Depp?