Man kills nephew, injures brother over land dispute
Rajahmundry: A man and his son were arrested for allegedly killing one of their relatives and seriously injuring another over a land dispute at a village here, police said on Thursday.
Kameswara Rao had constructed a wall on the disputed land at Meraka Chamavaram village in East Godavari district to which his brother Chakra Rao`s 25-year-old son Srinu objected.
Following an altercation last evening, Kameswara Rao and his sons - Subramanayam and Prasad - allegedly attacked Srinu with sharp weapons, iron rods and sticks. Srinu sustained serious injuries in the attack and succumbed on way to hospital, police said.
On getting information about the altercation, Srinu`s father Chakra Rao (60) rushed to the spot and also sustained injuries in the attack by his brother and nephews, police said.
He has been admitted to hospital for treatment.
While Kameswara Rao and his son Subramanyam were arrested, his other son Prasad fled, police said, adding that a search was on to nab him.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- PHOTOS: How Mumbai Indians' captain Rohit Sharma celebrated his 29th birthday!
- Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim describes West Bengal's Garden Reach as 'mini-pakistan', draws flak
- Top five health benefits of raspberries!
- Rs 100 crore mark still too far for Shah Rukh Khan's 'Fan'?
- Forest fires rage in Uttarakhand; three NDRF teams deployed