Man kills nephew, injures brother over land dispute
Rajahmundry: A man and his son were arrested for allegedly killing one of their relatives and seriously injuring another over a land dispute at a village here, police said on Thursday.
Kameswara Rao had constructed a wall on the disputed land at Meraka Chamavaram village in East Godavari district to which his brother Chakra Rao`s 25-year-old son Srinu objected.
Following an altercation last evening, Kameswara Rao and his sons - Subramanayam and Prasad - allegedly attacked Srinu with sharp weapons, iron rods and sticks. Srinu sustained serious injuries in the attack and succumbed on way to hospital, police said.
On getting information about the altercation, Srinu`s father Chakra Rao (60) rushed to the spot and also sustained injuries in the attack by his brother and nephews, police said.
He has been admitted to hospital for treatment.
While Kameswara Rao and his son Subramanyam were arrested, his other son Prasad fled, police said, adding that a search was on to nab him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information