Man kills nephew, injures brother over land dispute
Rajahmundry: A man and his son were arrested for allegedly killing one of their relatives and seriously injuring another over a land dispute at a village here, police said on Thursday.
Kameswara Rao had constructed a wall on the disputed land at Meraka Chamavaram village in East Godavari district to which his brother Chakra Rao`s 25-year-old son Srinu objected.
Following an altercation last evening, Kameswara Rao and his sons - Subramanayam and Prasad - allegedly attacked Srinu with sharp weapons, iron rods and sticks. Srinu sustained serious injuries in the attack and succumbed on way to hospital, police said.
On getting information about the altercation, Srinu`s father Chakra Rao (60) rushed to the spot and also sustained injuries in the attack by his brother and nephews, police said.
He has been admitted to hospital for treatment.
While Kameswara Rao and his son Subramanyam were arrested, his other son Prasad fled, police said, adding that a search was on to nab him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state