Man kills nephew, injures brother over land dispute
Rajahmundry: A man and his son were arrested for allegedly killing one of their relatives and seriously injuring another over a land dispute at a village here, police said on Thursday.
Kameswara Rao had constructed a wall on the disputed land at Meraka Chamavaram village in East Godavari district to which his brother Chakra Rao`s 25-year-old son Srinu objected.
Following an altercation last evening, Kameswara Rao and his sons - Subramanayam and Prasad - allegedly attacked Srinu with sharp weapons, iron rods and sticks. Srinu sustained serious injuries in the attack and succumbed on way to hospital, police said.
On getting information about the altercation, Srinu`s father Chakra Rao (60) rushed to the spot and also sustained injuries in the attack by his brother and nephews, police said.
He has been admitted to hospital for treatment.
While Kameswara Rao and his son Subramanyam were arrested, his other son Prasad fled, police said, adding that a search was on to nab him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report