Man throws chemical at girl for refusing physical advances
Visakhapatnam: An 18-year-old girl escaped with minor injuries after her boyfriend allegedly poured a chemical, suspected to be acid, on her after she refused his sexual advances.
Though the incident took place at an isolated spot under Bheemunipatnam police station area on Saturday night, it came to light today morning after she lodged a police complaint.
P Ganesh, a first year BTech student and a girl, a native of Narasanapeta area in Srikakulam district had eloped from their homes to get married against their parent`s wishes and reached Bheemunipatnam area in the city on Saturday evening, police said.
The girl told the police that her boyfriend Ganesh had attempted to rape her at a lonely spot in Bheemunipatnam last night, after she refused his sexual advances.
When she tried to escape, Ganesh allegedly threw a chemical suspected to be acid on her.
The injured girl was rescued by toddy tappers in the area and sheltered at a house last night, after which she informed the matter to her parents and lodged a police complaint against Ganesh today.
A team has been formed to trace the accused, while the girl was shifted to the King George Hospital for medical tests and treatment.
The police said that Ganesh wanted to rape the girl and came prepared with a bottle of a chemical, suspected to be acid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31