Man throws chemical at girl for refusing physical advances
Visakhapatnam: An 18-year-old girl escaped with minor injuries after her boyfriend allegedly poured a chemical, suspected to be acid, on her after she refused his sexual advances.
Though the incident took place at an isolated spot under Bheemunipatnam police station area on Saturday night, it came to light today morning after she lodged a police complaint.
P Ganesh, a first year BTech student and a girl, a native of Narasanapeta area in Srikakulam district had eloped from their homes to get married against their parent`s wishes and reached Bheemunipatnam area in the city on Saturday evening, police said.
The girl told the police that her boyfriend Ganesh had attempted to rape her at a lonely spot in Bheemunipatnam last night, after she refused his sexual advances.
When she tried to escape, Ganesh allegedly threw a chemical suspected to be acid on her.
The injured girl was rescued by toddy tappers in the area and sheltered at a house last night, after which she informed the matter to her parents and lodged a police complaint against Ganesh today.
A team has been formed to trace the accused, while the girl was shifted to the King George Hospital for medical tests and treatment.
The police said that Ganesh wanted to rape the girl and came prepared with a bottle of a chemical, suspected to be acid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what