Man`s body found hanging inside Jaggampet police station in AP
Rajahmundry: A 35-year-old man allegedly committed suicide in Jaggampet police station of East Godavari district, the police claimed, though his family members alleged here on Sunday that it is a "lock-up death", after his body was found hanging in the police station.
The police said that P Srinu (35), ran a private chit fund by collecting amounts daily from small businessmen and housewives in Jaggampeta.
He ended up with a debt of Rs 1.5 crore even as pressure has mounted for re-payment of the amount.
A complaint was lodged at the Jaggampeta police three days ago, and the police called Srinu to the station.
Yesterday his body was found hanging in bathroom, the police said.
"We don`t know why he committed suicide. Srinu came to the police station for the last three days. Due to some delay he stayed in the police station last night after which his body was found hanging. We are probing the incident," the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender