Man`s body found hanging inside Jaggampet police station in AP
Rajahmundry: A 35-year-old man allegedly committed suicide in Jaggampet police station of East Godavari district, the police claimed, though his family members alleged here on Sunday that it is a "lock-up death", after his body was found hanging in the police station.
The police said that P Srinu (35), ran a private chit fund by collecting amounts daily from small businessmen and housewives in Jaggampeta.
He ended up with a debt of Rs 1.5 crore even as pressure has mounted for re-payment of the amount.
A complaint was lodged at the Jaggampeta police three days ago, and the police called Srinu to the station.
Yesterday his body was found hanging in bathroom, the police said.
"We don`t know why he committed suicide. Srinu came to the police station for the last three days. Due to some delay he stayed in the police station last night after which his body was found hanging. We are probing the incident," the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!