Maoist arms dump detected in East Godavari forests
Kakinada: Andhra Pradesh police detected a Maoist arms dump in the deep forests of East Godavari district today, near Donkarai under Y Ramavaram police station limits (Rampachodavaram division) during regular combing operations.
Officer on Special duty (OSD) Prakash Jadhav told reporters here today that the arms dump contained two country made guns, twelve rounds of ammunition, one generator and a lathe machine of the latest model.
It was one of the major arms seizures in recent times, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire