Maoist arms dump detected in East Godavari forests
Kakinada: Andhra Pradesh police detected a Maoist arms dump in the deep forests of East Godavari district today, near Donkarai under Y Ramavaram police station limits (Rampachodavaram division) during regular combing operations.
Officer on Special duty (OSD) Prakash Jadhav told reporters here today that the arms dump contained two country made guns, twelve rounds of ammunition, one generator and a lathe machine of the latest model.
It was one of the major arms seizures in recent times, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre