Maoist arms dump detected in East Godavari forests
Kakinada: Andhra Pradesh police detected a Maoist arms dump in the deep forests of East Godavari district today, near Donkarai under Y Ramavaram police station limits (Rampachodavaram division) during regular combing operations.
Officer on Special duty (OSD) Prakash Jadhav told reporters here today that the arms dump contained two country made guns, twelve rounds of ammunition, one generator and a lathe machine of the latest model.
It was one of the major arms seizures in recent times, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Hillary Clinton makes history as first woman White House nominee
- Venezuela government seeks to ban opposition over recall 'fraud'
- WHO declares Brazil free of measles
- Lok Sabha passes child labour Bill despite opposition from children's rights activists
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister