Maoist arms dump detected in East Godavari forests
Kakinada: Andhra Pradesh police detected a Maoist arms dump in the deep forests of East Godavari district today, near Donkarai under Y Ramavaram police station limits (Rampachodavaram division) during regular combing operations.
Officer on Special duty (OSD) Prakash Jadhav told reporters here today that the arms dump contained two country made guns, twelve rounds of ammunition, one generator and a lathe machine of the latest model.
It was one of the major arms seizures in recent times, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees