Maoist leader Ganti Prasadam produced in AP Court
Hyderabad: Maoist leader Ganti Prasadam and
three others were on Thursday produced in a court at Ongole town in
Andhra Pradesh`s Prakasam district in connection with the
alleged attempt on life of then Superintendent of
Police, Mahesh Chandra Laddha, police said.
Prasadam along with Nagireddy Pandurang alias Sagar, who
are presently under judicial custody at the Ongole Prison,
were produced before the court of First Additional District
Sessions Judge in Ongole, police said.
Revolutionary writers Varavara Rao and Kalyan Rao who are
presently out on bail in the case also appeared, they said.
The court then adjourned the matter to March 24 for
examination of witnesses including Laddha, who is presently
posted in the NIA here, a police officer said over phone,
adding all the accused are facing charges of hatching
conspiracy to kill the then Prakasam SP through a blast.
Three persons were killed in the landmine attack that was
targeted at Laddha near a temple in Ongole in 2005, he said.
Prasadam, known to be a top Maoist intellectual from
Andhra Pradesh, was brought yesterday from Koraput district of
Orissa on a PT warrant issued by Ongole court. His release
from Orissa jail was one of the conditions set by Naxals for
the safe return of abducted Malkangiri district Collector R V
Krishna and junior engineer Pabitra Majhi last month.
Meanwhile, speaking to reporters Varavara Rao and Kalyan
Rao accused the Orissa government of delaying the process of
fulfilling the 14 demands of Maoists, which it had agreed for
the safe return of Krishna and Majhi.
"As part of demands, five Naxal leaders should be
released immediately and 600 tribals who are languishing in
different jails of Orissa should also be freed," they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark