Maoist-sponsored bandh peaceful in East Godavari
Rajahmundry: The Maoist-sponsored 48- hour bandh to protest the killing of top Naxal leader Azad has been peaceful till now in East Godavari district, police officials said Thursday.
The shutdown began yesterday. Police pickets were set up at vulnerable points to
prevent violent incidents.
State-run Road Transport Corporation (RTC) has cancelled night bus services on select routes of the district to avoid any untoward incident, a police official said.
An RTC spokesman said run buses are being run on important routes only.
"No untoward incident was reported from any part of the nine mandals in the district," a police spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets