Maoist-sponsored bandh peaceful in East Godavari
Rajahmundry: The Maoist-sponsored 48- hour bandh to protest the killing of top Naxal leader Azad has been peaceful till now in East Godavari district, police officials said Thursday.
The shutdown began yesterday. Police pickets were set up at vulnerable points to
prevent violent incidents.
State-run Road Transport Corporation (RTC) has cancelled night bus services on select routes of the district to avoid any untoward incident, a police official said.
An RTC spokesman said run buses are being run on important routes only.
"No untoward incident was reported from any part of the nine mandals in the district," a police spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding