Maoist-sponsored bandh peaceful in East Godavari
Rajahmundry: The Maoist-sponsored 48- hour bandh to protest the killing of top Naxal leader Azad has been peaceful till now in East Godavari district, police officials said Thursday.
The shutdown began yesterday. Police pickets were set up at vulnerable points to
prevent violent incidents.
State-run Road Transport Corporation (RTC) has cancelled night bus services on select routes of the district to avoid any untoward incident, a police official said.
An RTC spokesman said run buses are being run on important routes only.
"No untoward incident was reported from any part of the nine mandals in the district," a police spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack