Maoist-sponsored bandh peaceful in East Godavari
Rajahmundry: The Maoist-sponsored 48-hour bandh to protest the killing of top Naxal leader Azad has been peaceful till now in East Godavari district, police officials said on Thursday.
The shutdown began yesterday.
Police pickets were set up at vulnerable points to prevent violent incidents.
State-run Road Transport Corporation (RTC) has cancelled night bus services on select routes of the district to avoid any untoward incident, a police official said.
An RTC spokesman said run buses are being run on important routes only.
"No untoward incident was reported from any part of the nine mandals in the district," a police spokesman said.
The police forces are keeping a vigil at important sites, including private and public offices, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!