Maoists gun down villager in AP`s Khammam
Hyderabad: Armed Maoists allegedly shot dead a villager in Khammam district of Andhra Pradesh accusing him of acting as a police informer, police said Sunday.
A group of ultras went to the house of one Admaiah (50), a labourer, and dragged him to the outskirts of Tatilanka village under Chintoor police station limits at around midnight yesterday.
After "interrogating" him, they shot him dead before fleeing the spot, an investigating officer said.
Chintoor Police booked a case and were further investigating.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mamata Banerjee wants West Bengal to be called ‘Bangla’: Report
- What a journey! Watch video that introduced US President Barack Obama at Democratic National Convention
- No newspapers, television for Arvind Kejriwal for 12 days in August - Know why
- Flood wrecks havoc in Bihar, Assam; more than 40 dead, lakhs affected
- Houthi rebels form Supreme Council to govern Yemen