Maoists kill local Cong leader in Andhra village
Karimnagar: A local Congress leader was gunned down by Maoists at Pankena village near here in the wee hours of on Friday, police said.
The armed Maoists, four in number, forcibly took away Kammella Raghavaiah (38), a Congress leader in Mahadevpur mandal from his house and allegedly gunned him down before escaping under cover of darkness.
The ultras were suspecting that Raghavaiah was a police informer.
The deceased was a contractor and had undertaken works under various central government schemes such as Integrated Action Plan.
Police have registered a case and sent the body of the deceased for post mortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog