Maoists kill local Cong leader in Andhra village
Karimnagar: A local Congress leader was gunned down by Maoists at Pankena village near here in the wee hours of on Friday, police said.
The armed Maoists, four in number, forcibly took away Kammella Raghavaiah (38), a Congress leader in Mahadevpur mandal from his house and allegedly gunned him down before escaping under cover of darkness.
The ultras were suspecting that Raghavaiah was a police informer.
The deceased was a contractor and had undertaken works under various central government schemes such as Integrated Action Plan.
Police have registered a case and sent the body of the deceased for post mortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video