Maoists kill local Cong leader in Andhra village
Karimnagar: A local Congress leader was gunned down by Maoists at Pankena village near here in the wee hours of on Friday, police said.
The armed Maoists, four in number, forcibly took away Kammella Raghavaiah (38), a Congress leader in Mahadevpur mandal from his house and allegedly gunned him down before escaping under cover of darkness.
The ultras were suspecting that Raghavaiah was a police informer.
The deceased was a contractor and had undertaken works under various central government schemes such as Integrated Action Plan.
Police have registered a case and sent the body of the deceased for post mortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah