Maoists kill local Cong leader in Andhra village
Karimnagar: A local Congress leader was gunned down by Maoists at Pankena village near here in the wee hours of on Friday, police said.
The armed Maoists, four in number, forcibly took away Kammella Raghavaiah (38), a Congress leader in Mahadevpur mandal from his house and allegedly gunned him down before escaping under cover of darkness.
The ultras were suspecting that Raghavaiah was a police informer.
The deceased was a contractor and had undertaken works under various central government schemes such as Integrated Action Plan.
Police have registered a case and sent the body of the deceased for post mortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda