Maoists kill `police informer` in Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: Maoists shot dead a man, branding him a police informer, in Andhra Pradesh`s Khammam district Wednesday, police said.
The incident took place in Vijaypuri Colony on Kothapalli highway in Venkatapuram mandal of Khammam district, about 300 km from here.
The victim, identified only as Bhagat, was a native of neighbouring Chhattisgarh and was living in Khammam for last few months.
The Maoists blamed Bhagat for the April 16 encounter at Puvarti village of Sukma district in Chhattisgarh in which police gun down nine guerillas, all hailing from Andhra Pradesh.
A letter signed by Kiran, district secretary of the CPI-Maoist was found at the scene. According to the letter, Bhagat was acting as an informer for Crime Branch constable Sitaram.
Bhagat himself was a Maoist in the past as he worked as member of area committee of CPI-Maoist in Pamedu. He had recently surrendered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you