Maoists kill `police informer` in Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: Maoists shot dead a man, branding him a police informer, in Andhra Pradesh`s Khammam district Wednesday, police said.
The incident took place in Vijaypuri Colony on Kothapalli highway in Venkatapuram mandal of Khammam district, about 300 km from here.
The victim, identified only as Bhagat, was a native of neighbouring Chhattisgarh and was living in Khammam for last few months.
The Maoists blamed Bhagat for the April 16 encounter at Puvarti village of Sukma district in Chhattisgarh in which police gun down nine guerillas, all hailing from Andhra Pradesh.
A letter signed by Kiran, district secretary of the CPI-Maoist was found at the scene. According to the letter, Bhagat was acting as an informer for Crime Branch constable Sitaram.
Bhagat himself was a Maoist in the past as he worked as member of area committee of CPI-Maoist in Pamedu. He had recently surrendered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America