Maoists set Essar vehicles on fire in Andhra
Visakhapatnam: Two Essar Company vehicles were set on fire allegedly by Naxals near a tribal hamlet in the district, police said on Sunday.
Two vehicles comprising a Bolero jeep and a truck of Essar Company were set afire by suspected ultras under GK Veedhi Mandal limits near Digajenaba tribal hamlet three days back, they said adding, a complaint regarding the incident was lodged by the Company officials today.
The incident took place when the company staff was carrying out repair work of the Essar Kirandul--Vizag pipeline at Digajenaba hamlet, GK Veedhi Mandal police said.
Police have formed special teams and rushed them to the area on receipt of the complaint.
According to police, the Maoists, suspected to be the members of Korukonda Area Committee, burnt down the vehicles when no staff was present there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra