Maoists set Essar vehicles on fire in Andhra
Visakhapatnam: Two Essar Company vehicles were set on fire allegedly by Naxals near a tribal hamlet in the district, police said on Sunday.
Two vehicles comprising a Bolero jeep and a truck of Essar Company were set afire by suspected ultras under GK Veedhi Mandal limits near Digajenaba tribal hamlet three days back, they said adding, a complaint regarding the incident was lodged by the Company officials today.
The incident took place when the company staff was carrying out repair work of the Essar Kirandul--Vizag pipeline at Digajenaba hamlet, GK Veedhi Mandal police said.
Police have formed special teams and rushed them to the area on receipt of the complaint.
According to police, the Maoists, suspected to be the members of Korukonda Area Committee, burnt down the vehicles when no staff was present there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered