Maoists set Essar vehicles on fire in Andhra
Visakhapatnam: Two Essar Company vehicles were set on fire allegedly by Naxals near a tribal hamlet in the district, police said on Sunday.
Two vehicles comprising a Bolero jeep and a truck of Essar Company were set afire by suspected ultras under GK Veedhi Mandal limits near Digajenaba tribal hamlet three days back, they said adding, a complaint regarding the incident was lodged by the Company officials today.
The incident took place when the company staff was carrying out repair work of the Essar Kirandul--Vizag pipeline at Digajenaba hamlet, GK Veedhi Mandal police said.
Police have formed special teams and rushed them to the area on receipt of the complaint.
According to police, the Maoists, suspected to be the members of Korukonda Area Committee, burnt down the vehicles when no staff was present there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh
- 'Saffron party will still face defeat in the upcoming assembly elections', BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna Joshi jump