Maoists set Essar vehicles on fire in Andhra
Visakhapatnam: Two Essar Company vehicles were set on fire allegedly by Naxals near a tribal hamlet in the district, police said on Sunday.
Two vehicles comprising a Bolero jeep and a truck of Essar Company were set afire by suspected ultras under GK Veedhi Mandal limits near Digajenaba tribal hamlet three days back, they said adding, a complaint regarding the incident was lodged by the Company officials today.
The incident took place when the company staff was carrying out repair work of the Essar Kirandul--Vizag pipeline at Digajenaba hamlet, GK Veedhi Mandal police said.
Police have formed special teams and rushed them to the area on receipt of the complaint.
According to police, the Maoists, suspected to be the members of Korukonda Area Committee, burnt down the vehicles when no staff was present there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq