May not support no-confidence motion on Telangana: DMK
Chennai: Former UPA ally DMK on Wednesday hinted that it may not support the no-confidence motion moved by some anti-Telangana MPs, including those from Congress, against the UPA government.
"There is no relation between the approach followed by DMK in certain issues and the no confidence motion brought in on the Telangana issue. That is a different issue, this is different," party chief M Karunanidhi said.
He was responding to reporters` queries here on whether his party would vote against the government if it did not back DMK`s demand for retrieval of Katchatheevu, an islet ceded to Sri Lanka.
Earlier in the day in Lok Sabha, placard-carrying DMK members were vociferous on the issue of seeking Katchathivu Island back from Sri Lanka and provide safety to Indian fishermen from the Lankan Navy.
Government has already ruled out any danger to its existence in the wake of the no-confidence motion moved by anti-Telangana MPs, saying it had the numbers on its side.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested