Mecca Masjid blast accused granted bail
Hyderabad: A city court on Friday granted bail to Bharath Mohanlal Rateswar alias Bharat Bhai, an accused in the 2007 Mecca Masjid blast case, however, his remand will continue in connection with the Ajmer blast case.
The special court for National Investigation Agency (NIA) granted bail to Bharat Bhai after the agency, which is probing the case failed to file charge-sheet against him even after the expiry of 180 days of remand period.
"Bharat Bhai has been under judicial custody in Chanchalguda jail here after being brought to Hyderabad in December last year. The NIA accused him of being a conspirator in the Mecca Masjid blast case, but has not filed any charge sheet neither any report before the court regarding his complicity in the case," Bharat Bhai`s counsel Rajavardhan Reddy said adding that the 180-days of remand period got over on Thursday.
The court enlarged Bharat Bhai on bail on his production of personal bond of Rs 10,000 and two sureties for like sum and directed him to make available before the NIA as part of the probe into the case as and when required.
Bharat Bhai, who is also an accused in connection with the Ajmer blast case, will be taken to Jaipur as his bail application has been posted for July in the Rajasthan High Court.
The NIA, which has already filed charge sheet against six accused in the Mecca Masjid case, had named Bharat Bhai as accused number seven in the case. The blast at the historic Mecca Masjid here on May 18, 2007, had left nine persons dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi