Mecca Masjid blast accused granted bail
Hyderabad: A city court on Friday granted bail to Bharath Mohanlal Rateswar alias Bharat Bhai, an accused in the 2007 Mecca Masjid blast case, however, his remand will continue in connection with the Ajmer blast case.
The special court for National Investigation Agency (NIA) granted bail to Bharat Bhai after the agency, which is probing the case failed to file charge-sheet against him even after the expiry of 180 days of remand period.
"Bharat Bhai has been under judicial custody in Chanchalguda jail here after being brought to Hyderabad in December last year. The NIA accused him of being a conspirator in the Mecca Masjid blast case, but has not filed any charge sheet neither any report before the court regarding his complicity in the case," Bharat Bhai`s counsel Rajavardhan Reddy said adding that the 180-days of remand period got over on Thursday.
The court enlarged Bharat Bhai on bail on his production of personal bond of Rs 10,000 and two sureties for like sum and directed him to make available before the NIA as part of the probe into the case as and when required.
Bharat Bhai, who is also an accused in connection with the Ajmer blast case, will be taken to Jaipur as his bail application has been posted for July in the Rajasthan High Court.
The NIA, which has already filed charge sheet against six accused in the Mecca Masjid case, had named Bharat Bhai as accused number seven in the case. The blast at the historic Mecca Masjid here on May 18, 2007, had left nine persons dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed