Mecca Masjid blast case: Accused sent to 10-day CBI custody
Hyderabad: A city court Tuesday granted
10-day police custody of Lokesh Sharma, one of the accused in
the 2007 Mecca Masjid blast case, to CBI.
Sharma will be in CBI`s custody from tomorrow till
July 9. The court passed the orders after CBI filed a petition
yesterday seeking custodial interrogation of Sharma in
connection with the Mecca Masjid blast case.
After completion of Test Identification Parade of
Sharma, CBI sought his custody for a period of 15 days, saying
questioning of Sharma can throw more light and help in
investigations to arrive at the truth in the case. However,
the court permitted 10-day police custody.
Another accused Devender Gupta, who allegedly
conspired to carry out explosion in the Mecca Masjid, is
presently under custody of CBI till June 30.
Gupta and Sharma were brought to Hyderabad by CBI from
Ajmer on June 17, as part of further investigation into the
Mecca Masjid blast that had left nine persons dead on May 18,
2007. The duo are presently under judicial remand.
The premier investigating agency, which is probing the
Mecca Masjid blast, had registered a case on June 9, 2007
under various sections of IPC and Unlawful Activities
Prevention Act and has so far named five persons (all having
alleged links with RSS) including Gupta and Sharma as accused
in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- After KSRTC strike, Karnataka bandh called on July 30 over Mahadayi river water verdict
- Sun Pharma in $50 million deal with Spanish firm
- Tanmay Bhat jokes about Priyanka Chopra’s accent – Here’s her response and it’s cool!
- Kylie Jenner is broke?
- IndiGo flight hits turbulence due to slogans hailing ISIS – Find shocking details here