Mecca Masjid blast case: Accused sent to 10-day CBI custody
Hyderabad: A city court Tuesday granted
10-day police custody of Lokesh Sharma, one of the accused in
the 2007 Mecca Masjid blast case, to CBI.
Sharma will be in CBI`s custody from tomorrow till
July 9. The court passed the orders after CBI filed a petition
yesterday seeking custodial interrogation of Sharma in
connection with the Mecca Masjid blast case.
After completion of Test Identification Parade of
Sharma, CBI sought his custody for a period of 15 days, saying
questioning of Sharma can throw more light and help in
investigations to arrive at the truth in the case. However,
the court permitted 10-day police custody.
Another accused Devender Gupta, who allegedly
conspired to carry out explosion in the Mecca Masjid, is
presently under custody of CBI till June 30.
Gupta and Sharma were brought to Hyderabad by CBI from
Ajmer on June 17, as part of further investigation into the
Mecca Masjid blast that had left nine persons dead on May 18,
2007. The duo are presently under judicial remand.
The premier investigating agency, which is probing the
Mecca Masjid blast, had registered a case on June 9, 2007
under various sections of IPC and Unlawful Activities
Prevention Act and has so far named five persons (all having
alleged links with RSS) including Gupta and Sharma as accused
in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi