Mecca Masjid blast case: Court postpones hearing on CBI plea
Hyderabad: A local court on Thursday postponed to
July 20 the hearing on CBI`s plea seeking to conduct polygraph
and narco-analysis tests on the two accused arrested in
connection with the 2007 Mecca Masjid bomb blast case.
The XIV ACMM Court posted the matter for further hearing
after the prosecution sought more time for a detailed argument
on its application for subjecting Devender Gupta and Lokesh
Sharma to the scientific tests.
Denying CBI`s claim that Gupta and Sharma had agreed to
undergo the polygraph and narco-analysis tests, the accused
duo had yesterday informed the judge that they had not given
any such consent to the agency.
The investigating agency which has so far named five
persons (all allegedly linked to Hindutva outfits) as accused
in the Mecca Masjid case, brought the duo, who are also
suspects in the Ajmer dargah blast, to Hyderabad on June 17 as
part of their investigation.
The CBI, which has already questioned the two during
their police custody, in its application had claimed that the
duo had indicated they were prepared to undergo the tests and
it sought the court`s permission to conduct the tests after
Gupta and Sharma are presently under judicial remand till
July 27 at the Chanchalguda Central Prison.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results declared