Medical experts against too many VIPs visiting blast victims
Hyderabad: Medical experts have advised against too many VIPs visiting the bomb blast victims undergoing treatment in various hospitals here.
Such visits hamper the work of hospital authorities and may also adversely affect the health of patients, they have warned.
Many political leaders, including state and central ministers, are making a beeline to pay a visit to blast victims who are being treated in eight hospitals.
As many as 16 persons died and 119 were injured in the twin bombs that rocked Dilshuknagar area last evening.
K Vijaykumar, president of Indian Medical Association, said the "visits" of VIPs and people other than medical staff of the hospital may cause "cross-infection and further deterioration" in the condition of the patients.
"It is not good for patients. These things should not be allowed, especially in ICU or critical care units," he told PTI.
"The hospitals are forced to allow these visits which are not advisable. Only doctors, paramedical staff along with attenders suggested by the doctors should be allowed in the critical care units," he said.
Asked about any rules in this regard, Vijaykumar said there are no proper guidelines.
Union ministers Sushilkumar Shinde, S Jaipal Reddy, BJP President Rajnath Singh and TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu were among those who visited some of the hospitals where blast victims are being treated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!