Medical experts against too many VIPs visiting blast victims
Hyderabad: Medical experts have advised against too many VIPs visiting the bomb blast victims undergoing treatment in various hospitals here.
Such visits hamper the work of hospital authorities and may also adversely affect the health of patients, they have warned.
Many political leaders, including state and central ministers, are making a beeline to pay a visit to blast victims who are being treated in eight hospitals.
As many as 16 persons died and 119 were injured in the twin bombs that rocked Dilshuknagar area last evening.
K Vijaykumar, president of Indian Medical Association, said the "visits" of VIPs and people other than medical staff of the hospital may cause "cross-infection and further deterioration" in the condition of the patients.
"It is not good for patients. These things should not be allowed, especially in ICU or critical care units," he told PTI.
"The hospitals are forced to allow these visits which are not advisable. Only doctors, paramedical staff along with attenders suggested by the doctors should be allowed in the critical care units," he said.
Asked about any rules in this regard, Vijaykumar said there are no proper guidelines.
Union ministers Sushilkumar Shinde, S Jaipal Reddy, BJP President Rajnath Singh and TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu were among those who visited some of the hospitals where blast victims are being treated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you