Medicos should be generous, tolerant towards patient: Kalam
Hyderabad: Generosity, ethics, tolerance and pure concentration on patient are among the virtues medical professionals should possess, former President A P J Abdul Kalam said here on Monday.
Talking about a book written by a monk, who is also a medical researcher, he said the book gives six virtues that empower the medical professionals with a human heart.
They include - generosity, pure ethics, tolerance, perseverance, cultivating pure concentration on patient and intelligence.
Kalam was speaking after inaugurating the sprawling `Outpatient Centre` of the CARE Hospitals Group here.
He also highlighted the importance of medicos having compassion and an attitude to strive for excellence.
Observing that there are about 23,000 primary health centres (PHCs) remaining inactive due to lack of expertise and infrastructure, he suggested that the hospital could dynamically activate at least 20 PHCs which are situated close to it.
Providing affordable healthcare to everyone is an important concern throughout the world, he said.
The CARE Hospitals Group is spread in five states and the Outpatient Centre is the 13th facility from CARE. It is equipped to offer a wide array of outpatient services in a single location.
From a 100-bed single speciality heart institute facility focusing on cardiac care in Hyderabad, CARE has become a multi-speciality hospital chain comprising 1,600 beds across 12 hospitals.
Recently, the chain has also received funding of USD 110 million from Advent International Private Equity to aid organic growth, hospital officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown