Medicos should be generous, tolerant towards patient: Kalam
Hyderabad: Generosity, ethics, tolerance and pure concentration on patient are among the virtues medical professionals should possess, former President A P J Abdul Kalam said here on Monday.
Talking about a book written by a monk, who is also a medical researcher, he said the book gives six virtues that empower the medical professionals with a human heart.
They include - generosity, pure ethics, tolerance, perseverance, cultivating pure concentration on patient and intelligence.
Kalam was speaking after inaugurating the sprawling `Outpatient Centre` of the CARE Hospitals Group here.
He also highlighted the importance of medicos having compassion and an attitude to strive for excellence.
Observing that there are about 23,000 primary health centres (PHCs) remaining inactive due to lack of expertise and infrastructure, he suggested that the hospital could dynamically activate at least 20 PHCs which are situated close to it.
Providing affordable healthcare to everyone is an important concern throughout the world, he said.
The CARE Hospitals Group is spread in five states and the Outpatient Centre is the 13th facility from CARE. It is equipped to offer a wide array of outpatient services in a single location.
From a 100-bed single speciality heart institute facility focusing on cardiac care in Hyderabad, CARE has become a multi-speciality hospital chain comprising 1,600 beds across 12 hospitals.
Recently, the chain has also received funding of USD 110 million from Advent International Private Equity to aid organic growth, hospital officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day