Medicos should be generous, tolerant towards patient: Kalam
Hyderabad: Generosity, ethics, tolerance and pure concentration on patient are among the virtues medical professionals should possess, former President A P J Abdul Kalam said here on Monday.
Talking about a book written by a monk, who is also a medical researcher, he said the book gives six virtues that empower the medical professionals with a human heart.
They include - generosity, pure ethics, tolerance, perseverance, cultivating pure concentration on patient and intelligence.
Kalam was speaking after inaugurating the sprawling `Outpatient Centre` of the CARE Hospitals Group here.
He also highlighted the importance of medicos having compassion and an attitude to strive for excellence.
Observing that there are about 23,000 primary health centres (PHCs) remaining inactive due to lack of expertise and infrastructure, he suggested that the hospital could dynamically activate at least 20 PHCs which are situated close to it.
Providing affordable healthcare to everyone is an important concern throughout the world, he said.
The CARE Hospitals Group is spread in five states and the Outpatient Centre is the 13th facility from CARE. It is equipped to offer a wide array of outpatient services in a single location.
From a 100-bed single speciality heart institute facility focusing on cardiac care in Hyderabad, CARE has become a multi-speciality hospital chain comprising 1,600 beds across 12 hospitals.
Recently, the chain has also received funding of USD 110 million from Advent International Private Equity to aid organic growth, hospital officials said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark