Medicos should be generous, tolerant towards patient: Kalam
Hyderabad: Generosity, ethics, tolerance and pure concentration on patient are among the virtues medical professionals should possess, former President A P J Abdul Kalam said here on Monday.
Talking about a book written by a monk, who is also a medical researcher, he said the book gives six virtues that empower the medical professionals with a human heart.
They include - generosity, pure ethics, tolerance, perseverance, cultivating pure concentration on patient and intelligence.
Kalam was speaking after inaugurating the sprawling `Outpatient Centre` of the CARE Hospitals Group here.
He also highlighted the importance of medicos having compassion and an attitude to strive for excellence.
Observing that there are about 23,000 primary health centres (PHCs) remaining inactive due to lack of expertise and infrastructure, he suggested that the hospital could dynamically activate at least 20 PHCs which are situated close to it.
Providing affordable healthcare to everyone is an important concern throughout the world, he said.
The CARE Hospitals Group is spread in five states and the Outpatient Centre is the 13th facility from CARE. It is equipped to offer a wide array of outpatient services in a single location.
From a 100-bed single speciality heart institute facility focusing on cardiac care in Hyderabad, CARE has become a multi-speciality hospital chain comprising 1,600 beds across 12 hospitals.
Recently, the chain has also received funding of USD 110 million from Advent International Private Equity to aid organic growth, hospital officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre