Medicos should be generous, tolerant towards patient: Kalam
Hyderabad: Generosity, ethics, tolerance and pure concentration on patient are among the virtues medical professionals should possess, former President A P J Abdul Kalam said here on Monday.
Talking about a book written by a monk, who is also a medical researcher, he said the book gives six virtues that empower the medical professionals with a human heart.
They include - generosity, pure ethics, tolerance, perseverance, cultivating pure concentration on patient and intelligence.
Kalam was speaking after inaugurating the sprawling `Outpatient Centre` of the CARE Hospitals Group here.
He also highlighted the importance of medicos having compassion and an attitude to strive for excellence.
Observing that there are about 23,000 primary health centres (PHCs) remaining inactive due to lack of expertise and infrastructure, he suggested that the hospital could dynamically activate at least 20 PHCs which are situated close to it.
Providing affordable healthcare to everyone is an important concern throughout the world, he said.
The CARE Hospitals Group is spread in five states and the Outpatient Centre is the 13th facility from CARE. It is equipped to offer a wide array of outpatient services in a single location.
From a 100-bed single speciality heart institute facility focusing on cardiac care in Hyderabad, CARE has become a multi-speciality hospital chain comprising 1,600 beds across 12 hospitals.
Recently, the chain has also received funding of USD 110 million from Advent International Private Equity to aid organic growth, hospital officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid