Men impersonating as cops take away prisoner from jail in AP
Hyderabad: Posing as policemen, two persons have hoodwinked the jail authorities and managed to take away a prisoner from a sub-jail at Adoni of Kurnool district of Andhra Pradesh on the pretext of taking him to a court, officials said on Monday.
According to Director General of Prisons and Correctional Services (Prisons & CS), T Krishna Raju, the jailor of the prison was placed under suspension and a departmental inquiry was ordered into the episode.
The two persons (who were in police uniform) posed as a constable and a home guard and showed a fake prisoner transit (PT) warrant to Adoni sub-jail authorities on July 17 seeking that one accused Mahesh Kumar has to be produced at the Atmakur court in connection with a case, another senior police officer said.
After this the jail authorities handed over Mahesh to the duo.
However, a complaint was lodged yesterday by the jail authorities after they realised that they were conned by the two fake policemen, after it was found that the PT warrant was forged.
Following a complaint, the Adoni police booked a case under sections 470 (forged document), 471 (using as genuine a forged document) and other relevant sections of the IPC and launched a manhunt by forming special team to nab the trio, the police officer said.
Mahesh Kumar, who is accused of duping several persons after collecting huge amounts as part of a money circulation and a real estate scheme, was also wanted by Praksam district police besides by Bangalore police. He was lodged in Adoni sub-jail since last month after a case was registered against him by Yemmiganur police, officials said.
"We have lodged a police complaint and simultaneously, a departmental inquiry is also underway (in connection with the escape of the accused and the two persons). The jailor has been kept under suspension on the charge of negligence," the top jail official told a news agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble