Men impersonating as cops take away prisoner from jail in AP
Hyderabad: Posing as policemen, two persons have hoodwinked the jail authorities and managed to take away a prisoner from a sub-jail at Adoni of Kurnool district of Andhra Pradesh on the pretext of taking him to a court, officials said on Monday.
According to Director General of Prisons and Correctional Services (Prisons & CS), T Krishna Raju, the jailor of the prison was placed under suspension and a departmental inquiry was ordered into the episode.
The two persons (who were in police uniform) posed as a constable and a home guard and showed a fake prisoner transit (PT) warrant to Adoni sub-jail authorities on July 17 seeking that one accused Mahesh Kumar has to be produced at the Atmakur court in connection with a case, another senior police officer said.
After this the jail authorities handed over Mahesh to the duo.
However, a complaint was lodged yesterday by the jail authorities after they realised that they were conned by the two fake policemen, after it was found that the PT warrant was forged.
Following a complaint, the Adoni police booked a case under sections 470 (forged document), 471 (using as genuine a forged document) and other relevant sections of the IPC and launched a manhunt by forming special team to nab the trio, the police officer said.
Mahesh Kumar, who is accused of duping several persons after collecting huge amounts as part of a money circulation and a real estate scheme, was also wanted by Praksam district police besides by Bangalore police. He was lodged in Adoni sub-jail since last month after a case was registered against him by Yemmiganur police, officials said.
"We have lodged a police complaint and simultaneously, a departmental inquiry is also underway (in connection with the escape of the accused and the two persons). The jailor has been kept under suspension on the charge of negligence," the top jail official told a news agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you