Mentally challenged girl raped in Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: A 20-year-old mentally challenged girl was allegedly raped by two youths in Prakasam district of Andhra Pradesh, police said on Sunday.
The incident occurred last night when Venka Reddy and Ramana Reddy, both labourers from Juvaleru village under Podili police station limits, forcibly took the victim to a secluded place and raped her, they said, adding the duo were in an inebriated condition at the time of the crime.
A case was registered against them under relevant sections of the IPC on complaint of the victim`s father and she has been sent for medical examination, police said, adding that a hunt is launched to nab the accused duo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet