Mentally challenged girl raped in Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: A 20-year-old mentally challenged girl was allegedly raped by two youths in Prakasam district of Andhra Pradesh, police said on Sunday.
The incident occurred last night when Venka Reddy and Ramana Reddy, both labourers from Juvaleru village under Podili police station limits, forcibly took the victim to a secluded place and raped her, they said, adding the duo were in an inebriated condition at the time of the crime.
A case was registered against them under relevant sections of the IPC on complaint of the victim`s father and she has been sent for medical examination, police said, adding that a hunt is launched to nab the accused duo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption