Mild tremors felt in parts of Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: Mild tremors were felt in some parts of Andhra Pradesh on Monday creating panic among people.
Residents rushed out of their homes in several parts of Krishna, Guntur and Prakasam districts in south coastal Andhra Pradesh and some parts of Nalgonda, Khammam and Ranga Reddy districts in Telangana region as they experienced the tremors.
People in Ongole town and surrounding areas in Prakasam district said the tremors lasted for three to four seconds. Vessels fell off the shelves in the kitchens.
As the tremors were of an intensity below 2.8 on the Richter scale, they were not recorded at the seismic observatory at the National Geophysical Research Institute (NGRI). Scientists described the tremors as seismic vibrations.
According to scientists, such vibrations were a common occurrence and there was no need for panic.
Krishna, Guntur and Khammam districts had also recorded mild tremors in January this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir