Mild tremors felt in parts of Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: Mild tremors were felt in some parts of Andhra Pradesh on Monday creating panic among people.
Residents rushed out of their homes in several parts of Krishna, Guntur and Prakasam districts in south coastal Andhra Pradesh and some parts of Nalgonda, Khammam and Ranga Reddy districts in Telangana region as they experienced the tremors.
People in Ongole town and surrounding areas in Prakasam district said the tremors lasted for three to four seconds. Vessels fell off the shelves in the kitchens.
As the tremors were of an intensity below 2.8 on the Richter scale, they were not recorded at the seismic observatory at the National Geophysical Research Institute (NGRI). Scientists described the tremors as seismic vibrations.
According to scientists, such vibrations were a common occurrence and there was no need for panic.
Krishna, Guntur and Khammam districts had also recorded mild tremors in January this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured