Mild tremors felt in parts of Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: Mild tremors were felt in some parts of Andhra Pradesh on Monday creating panic among people.
Residents rushed out of their homes in several parts of Krishna, Guntur and Prakasam districts in south coastal Andhra Pradesh and some parts of Nalgonda, Khammam and Ranga Reddy districts in Telangana region as they experienced the tremors.
People in Ongole town and surrounding areas in Prakasam district said the tremors lasted for three to four seconds. Vessels fell off the shelves in the kitchens.
As the tremors were of an intensity below 2.8 on the Richter scale, they were not recorded at the seismic observatory at the National Geophysical Research Institute (NGRI). Scientists described the tremors as seismic vibrations.
According to scientists, such vibrations were a common occurrence and there was no need for panic.
Krishna, Guntur and Khammam districts had also recorded mild tremors in January this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’ shoot will commence at this breathtaking location – See pic
- WATCH: How Sri Lanka's mystery spinner Lakshan Sandakan left Australia spellbound
- Antibodies that protect against Zika virus in mice identified, claim scientists
- Rio Olympics 2016: India to start with a bang
- Congress puts gag order on partymen, asks them not to make comments inconsistent with party stand