MIM demands probe into Wakf land allotments
Hyderabad: The Majlis-e-Ittehadul
Muslimeen (MIM) on Friday demanded in the Andhra pradesh Assembly
a thorough probe into allotment of thousands of acres of Wakf
land for various purposes by successive governments in the
Raising the issue in the house , MIM floor leader
Akbaruddin Owaisi said 1600 acres of Wakf land was given away
to several software majors outside Hyderabad in the last few
Similarly, Wakf land was given away to NTPC for
setting up its power plant in Visakhapatnam and Wakf lands
were also allotted for construction of houses of low-income
groups in other parts of the state, he said.
A real-estate firm held by a Congress MP’s family was
given several hundred acres of Wakf land near Hyderabad,
"Let a joint Legislative Committee probe into the
allotment of Wakf lands to various companies be ordered," the
MIM leader said.
He said the Joint Legislative Committee (JLC) should
be "result-oriented" and the state government implement its
In the past many House committees were constituted to
probe various issues but in many cases the reports were not
even submitted. In cases where the reports were submitted, the
government did not take any action based on the
recommendations, Akbaruddin said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mumbai Film City shoot-out: CCTV footage help police arrest assailants
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi