MIM demands probe into Wakf land allotments
Hyderabad: The Majlis-e-Ittehadul
Muslimeen (MIM) on Friday demanded in the Andhra pradesh Assembly
a thorough probe into allotment of thousands of acres of Wakf
land for various purposes by successive governments in the
Raising the issue in the house , MIM floor leader
Akbaruddin Owaisi said 1600 acres of Wakf land was given away
to several software majors outside Hyderabad in the last few
Similarly, Wakf land was given away to NTPC for
setting up its power plant in Visakhapatnam and Wakf lands
were also allotted for construction of houses of low-income
groups in other parts of the state, he said.
A real-estate firm held by a Congress MP’s family was
given several hundred acres of Wakf land near Hyderabad,
"Let a joint Legislative Committee probe into the
allotment of Wakf lands to various companies be ordered," the
MIM leader said.
He said the Joint Legislative Committee (JLC) should
be "result-oriented" and the state government implement its
In the past many House committees were constituted to
probe various issues but in many cases the reports were not
even submitted. In cases where the reports were submitted, the
government did not take any action based on the
recommendations, Akbaruddin said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: All seats declared - BJP emerges as biggest gainer, bags 81 seats; Shiv Sena gets 84
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Big setback for Shiv Sena as BJP bags 81 seats in BMC
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway