MIM leaders appear in court in connection with 2005 case
Sangareddy (AP): Hyderabad MP and All India Majlis-e-Ittehad-ul-Muslimeen president Asaduddin Owaisi, his brother Chandrayangutta MLA Akbaruddin Owaisi as well as MIM MLAs Ahmed Pasha Quadri, Afsar Khan and Moazzam Khan appeared before a local court here on Monday.
The court has fixed the next hearing on July 15.
The MIM advocate informed the court that another MLA Mumtaz Ahmed Khan could not attend the court personally because he went to the USA.
The MIM leaders are accused in a 2005 case booked at Patancheru police station for allegedly abusing then collector AK Singhal and other officials while protesting against the demolition of a mosque at Muttangi village during the widening of the Hyderabad-Mumbai national highway number 9.
On the complaint of Patancheru mandal revenue officials, the police had booked a case against Asaduddin Owaisi, Akbaruddin Owaisi and 28 others at the Patancheru police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble