MIM leaders appear in court in connection with 2005 case
Sangareddy (AP): Hyderabad MP and All India Majlis-e-Ittehad-ul-Muslimeen president Asaduddin Owaisi, his brother Chandrayangutta MLA Akbaruddin Owaisi as well as MIM MLAs Ahmed Pasha Quadri, Afsar Khan and Moazzam Khan appeared before a local court here on Monday.
The court has fixed the next hearing on July 15.
The MIM advocate informed the court that another MLA Mumtaz Ahmed Khan could not attend the court personally because he went to the USA.
The MIM leaders are accused in a 2005 case booked at Patancheru police station for allegedly abusing then collector AK Singhal and other officials while protesting against the demolition of a mosque at Muttangi village during the widening of the Hyderabad-Mumbai national highway number 9.
On the complaint of Patancheru mandal revenue officials, the police had booked a case against Asaduddin Owaisi, Akbaruddin Owaisi and 28 others at the Patancheru police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical