MIM leaders appear in court in connection with 2005 case
Sangareddy (AP): Hyderabad MP and All India Majlis-e-Ittehad-ul-Muslimeen president Asaduddin Owaisi, his brother Chandrayangutta MLA Akbaruddin Owaisi as well as MIM MLAs Ahmed Pasha Quadri, Afsar Khan and Moazzam Khan appeared before a local court here on Monday.
The court has fixed the next hearing on July 15.
The MIM advocate informed the court that another MLA Mumtaz Ahmed Khan could not attend the court personally because he went to the USA.
The MIM leaders are accused in a 2005 case booked at Patancheru police station for allegedly abusing then collector AK Singhal and other officials while protesting against the demolition of a mosque at Muttangi village during the widening of the Hyderabad-Mumbai national highway number 9.
On the complaint of Patancheru mandal revenue officials, the police had booked a case against Asaduddin Owaisi, Akbaruddin Owaisi and 28 others at the Patancheru police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH