MIM leaders appear in court in connection with 2005 case
Sangareddy (AP): Hyderabad MP and All India Majlis-e-Ittehad-ul-Muslimeen president Asaduddin Owaisi, his brother Chandrayangutta MLA Akbaruddin Owaisi as well as MIM MLAs Ahmed Pasha Quadri, Afsar Khan and Moazzam Khan appeared before a local court here on Monday.
The court has fixed the next hearing on July 15.
The MIM advocate informed the court that another MLA Mumtaz Ahmed Khan could not attend the court personally because he went to the USA.
The MIM leaders are accused in a 2005 case booked at Patancheru police station for allegedly abusing then collector AK Singhal and other officials while protesting against the demolition of a mosque at Muttangi village during the widening of the Hyderabad-Mumbai national highway number 9.
On the complaint of Patancheru mandal revenue officials, the police had booked a case against Asaduddin Owaisi, Akbaruddin Owaisi and 28 others at the Patancheru police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security