MIM MLA Owaisi to appear before Andhra police on Monday
Hyderabad: Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen MLA Akbaruddin Owaisi, booked for allegedly delivering a hate speech against a particular community, is likely to appear before police on Monday, even as fresh complaints against him poured in for the same.
"He (Owaisi) will appear before the police tomorrow," a senior police officer said, adding that his statements will be recorded in connection with cases registered against him.
When asked if the police anticipated any trouble due to his appearance, the police officer said, "Everything will be taken care of".
Yesterday, Andhra Pradesh DGP V Dinesh Reddy said Owaisi informed police that he was undergoing treatment in London and would appear before it shortly.
As part of a further probe into the two cases, notices were issued against Owaisi on January 4 and he was directed to appear before police in Adilabad district on January 7, as well as the Nizambad II Town police on January 8.
Another notice was served to the MIM legislator by Osmania police asking him to appear before it on January 10.
While two FIRs were registered suo motu at Adilabad and Nizamabad districts, a third case was registered by Osmania University police, following a court directive after Owaisi allegedly used inflammatory language against a particular community last month.
Fresh complaints continued to pour in against Owaisi from Malkangiri and Vanasthalipuram, though no cases have been registered, police said.
Owaisi, who represents Chandrayangutta Assembly constituency, has been booked under Sec 153A (promoting enmity between different groups on grounds of religion) and Sec 295A (deliberate and malicious acts intended to outrage religious feelings) of IPC.
The MIM legislator has also been booked under Sec 121 (waging or attempting to wage war, or abetting waging of war, against the Government of India) of IPC.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way