MIM not to pursue politics of murder, says Asaduddin Owaisi
Hyderabad: Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) will not pursue the politics of murder to avenge the assassination attempt on its leader Akbaruddin Owaisi, but wants a probe into the attack, says party president and older brother Asaduddin Owaisi.
The MP was addressing a massive public meeting organised by the party at the First Lancer neighbourhood here on Saturday night to condemn the April 30 attack.
"MIM never believed in the politics of murder. We don`t want to turn Hyderabad into another Rayalaseema," he said referring to the bloody faction war in Rayalaseema region.
He, however, said the party would give a fitting reply if the rivals resorted to another physical attack on the leadership. "If they do it again, no graveyard in the city will accept their bodies for burial," he warned.
Thanking people for their prayers, which, he said, gave new life to his younger brother, Asaduddin called upon people to socially boycott elements which are committing murders and repression.
Alleging a deep-rooted conspiracy behind the attack to eliminate the strong Muslim leadership in Hyderabad, he said Akbaruddin, the MIM legislature party leader, has been at the forefront of raising his voice against injustice and repression.
The MP targeted editors of two Urdu dailies saying they were morally responsible for the attack. He said MIM exercised restraint even when the two newspapers published insulting cartoons of the leaders.
He claimed he has all the details of who hatched the conspiracy of the attack, how many meetings were held and who attended them.
Akbaruddin was stabbed and shot at in the attack by a group of 10 to 15 assailants April 30 when he was visiting his Chandrayangutta Assembly constituency. The young leader was discharged from hospital on Friday. Asaduddin said he would undergo another surgery after six weeks.
MIM, which has been dominating Hyderabad politics for four decades, has seven legislators in the Andhra Pradesh Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Counting begins - Who will win BJP or Shiv Sena?
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Election Results 2017 LIVE: BJP's Rita Padole, Ravi Landge win from Amravati, Pimpri Chinchwad seats; Shiv Sena takes early lead in BMC polls