MIM not to pursue politics of murder, says Asaduddin Owaisi
Hyderabad: Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) will not pursue the politics of murder to avenge the assassination attempt on its leader Akbaruddin Owaisi, but wants a probe into the attack, says party president and older brother Asaduddin Owaisi.
The MP was addressing a massive public meeting organised by the party at the First Lancer neighbourhood here on Saturday night to condemn the April 30 attack.
"MIM never believed in the politics of murder. We don`t want to turn Hyderabad into another Rayalaseema," he said referring to the bloody faction war in Rayalaseema region.
He, however, said the party would give a fitting reply if the rivals resorted to another physical attack on the leadership. "If they do it again, no graveyard in the city will accept their bodies for burial," he warned.
Thanking people for their prayers, which, he said, gave new life to his younger brother, Asaduddin called upon people to socially boycott elements which are committing murders and repression.
Alleging a deep-rooted conspiracy behind the attack to eliminate the strong Muslim leadership in Hyderabad, he said Akbaruddin, the MIM legislature party leader, has been at the forefront of raising his voice against injustice and repression.
The MP targeted editors of two Urdu dailies saying they were morally responsible for the attack. He said MIM exercised restraint even when the two newspapers published insulting cartoons of the leaders.
He claimed he has all the details of who hatched the conspiracy of the attack, how many meetings were held and who attended them.
Akbaruddin was stabbed and shot at in the attack by a group of 10 to 15 assailants April 30 when he was visiting his Chandrayangutta Assembly constituency. The young leader was discharged from hospital on Friday. Asaduddin said he would undergo another surgery after six weeks.
MIM, which has been dominating Hyderabad politics for four decades, has seven legislators in the Andhra Pradesh Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'