MIM not to pursue politics of murder, says Asaduddin Owaisi
Hyderabad: Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) will not pursue the politics of murder to avenge the assassination attempt on its leader Akbaruddin Owaisi, but wants a probe into the attack, says party president and older brother Asaduddin Owaisi.
The MP was addressing a massive public meeting organised by the party at the First Lancer neighbourhood here on Saturday night to condemn the April 30 attack.
"MIM never believed in the politics of murder. We don`t want to turn Hyderabad into another Rayalaseema," he said referring to the bloody faction war in Rayalaseema region.
He, however, said the party would give a fitting reply if the rivals resorted to another physical attack on the leadership. "If they do it again, no graveyard in the city will accept their bodies for burial," he warned.
Thanking people for their prayers, which, he said, gave new life to his younger brother, Asaduddin called upon people to socially boycott elements which are committing murders and repression.
Alleging a deep-rooted conspiracy behind the attack to eliminate the strong Muslim leadership in Hyderabad, he said Akbaruddin, the MIM legislature party leader, has been at the forefront of raising his voice against injustice and repression.
The MP targeted editors of two Urdu dailies saying they were morally responsible for the attack. He said MIM exercised restraint even when the two newspapers published insulting cartoons of the leaders.
He claimed he has all the details of who hatched the conspiracy of the attack, how many meetings were held and who attended them.
Akbaruddin was stabbed and shot at in the attack by a group of 10 to 15 assailants April 30 when he was visiting his Chandrayangutta Assembly constituency. The young leader was discharged from hospital on Friday. Asaduddin said he would undergo another surgery after six weeks.
MIM, which has been dominating Hyderabad politics for four decades, has seven legislators in the Andhra Pradesh Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir