MIM`s Owaisi brought back to jail after hospital visit
Hyderabad: MIM leader Akbaruddin Owaisi was shifted back to jail after series of tests and treatment at a hospital in Andhra Pradesh`s Adilabad district, police said.
The Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) legislator was shifted back to district jail in Adilabad town, about 300 km from here, after being earlier taken to government-run Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) on complaining of severe stomach pain.
Doctors conducted various tests on Akbar, who is in judicial custody in a hate speech case. His lawyers claimed that he was not getting required medical attention in Adilabad district jail. Their request to shift the MIM leader to Hyderabad was already rejected by the court.
Earlier in the day, Akbar`s wife, two children and other family members called on him in the jail.
According to MIM leaders, Akbar has many health problems due to the critical injuries he suffered during an assassination bid on him in 2011.
Akbar, a member of Andhra Pradesh state legislative assembly, was arrested by the police on January 08 and the next day a court in Nirmal town of Adilabad district sent him to judicial custody for 14 days.
A court in Nizamabad town has already directed police to produce him in the court on January 19 in connection with a case booked against him for hate speech made at a public meeting in that town on December 08. In view of Akbar`s health condition, his lawyers may seek exemption from personal appearance.
Akbar was made to travel 600 km on Thursday to produce him in a court in Sangareddy town of Medak district in connection with a case booked against him in 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown