Mining case: CBI gets AP govt nod for prosecuting IAS officer
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh government on Thursday granted permission to CBI for prosecution of senior IAS officer Y Srilakshmi in the illegal iron ore mining case involving former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhana Reddy.
Srilakshmi, an IAS officer of 1988 batch, is currently in judicial remand following her arrest by the central agency.
A press release from the Chief Minister`s Office said the government permitted CBI to prosecute Srilakshmi under the Criminal Procedure Code as well as the Prevention of Corruption Act.
"In view of the serious charges against her, the government approved her prosecution," the release added.
Srilakshmi is facing charges of issuing certain government orders (GOs) favouring the mining companies of Gali Janardhana Reddy in violation of rules.
Last week, the state government gave it consent for the prosecution of another senior IAS officer B P Acharya, arrested by CBI in the APIIC-Emaar case, under the Prevention of Corruption Act.
The state government, however, declined permission for prosecution of another IAS officer L V Subrahmanyam in the same case, saying there was "not much evidence" against him.
However, Subrahmanyam, currently posted as Executive Officer of Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams, has been summoned to appear in the CBI special court here on June 18 along with Acharya.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know