Mining scam: CBI questions Andhra home minister
Hyderabad: The CBI, probing alleged illegal
mining by Obulapuram Mining Company, has sought the details of
grant of permits to the firm from Andhra Pradesh Home Minister
Sabitha Indra Reddy, official sources said on Saturday.
CBI officials reached the residence of the minister
here last night and sought information pertaining to the grant
of some licences and permits to the OMC (to carry out mining
in the state), when she was the mines minister during 2004-09
in the Y S Rajasekhara Reddy government, they said.
However, CBI officials refused to comment on the matter.
OMC is accused of changing mining lease boundary
markings between Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka and indulging
into "illegal" mining in the Bellary Reserve Forest.
On September 5, CBI had arrested former Karnataka
Tourism Minister Gali Janardhan Reddy, owner of OMC, and
company`s managing director B V Srinivas Reddy in connection
with the alleged mining scam.
The two have been remanded in judicial custody in
Hyderabad till October 31.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed