Minister, Naval chief at Annavaram Temple
Kakinada: Union Minister of State for Defence M M Pallam Raju along with Chief of Naval staff Admiral Nirmal Verma on Thursday visited Annavaram Satya Deva Temple and offered prayers.
Later interacting with the media persons, the Naval Chief said that with the commissioning of INS Chakra, the new submarine, India has become one of the major naval powers.
"We will acquire 44 more war ships during the next five years," he added.
District Collector Neetu Kumari and other officials welcomed the Minister and naval chief.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...