Minister seeks cooperation of India Inc to develop Andhra
Visakhapatnam: Andhra Pradesh Panchayat Raj Minister Ayyanna Patrudu today asked industrialists to invest in the state for its development.
Addressing a press conference here, he also assured India Inc that the state government will provide all infrastructural facilities, including uninterrupted power supply.
"The cooperation on part of industrialists is very much essential for the development of the state, which was created with the deficit budget," Patrudu said, adding that many challenges lie ahead before the nascent state.
Earlier this month, a new state of Telangana was carved out of Andhra Pradesh.
Andhra Pradesh now mainly comprises of Seemandhra and Rayalaseema regions. "Visakhapatnam city will be developed as the financial capital of the state irrespective of wherever will be the Capital of the new state," he said.
"There is no Capital for the new state....No buildings for the secretariat and administration. We have to construct capital from the foundation. This is the current situation," Patrudu said.
He said that the central government had assured a Central University and a Tribal University?for the new state at the time of bifurcation.
"Our government will take all steps that are necessary for establishment of the tribal university between Visakhapatnam and Vizianagaram cities as there are eleven tribal mandals in Visakhapatnam, Srikakulam and East Godavari districts, for the benefit of the tribal students," the minister said.
He said that transport facilities can be created and trade be increased in Andhra Pradesh as it has a 925-km-long coastline and twelve ports.
"First cabinet meeting of the state government will be held in Visakhapatnam tomorrow and several pending issues pertaining to the city will he discussed," said Patrudu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official