Minor gas leak from ONGC well in Andhra Pradesh; plugged
Rajahmundry: A minor gas leakage was reported from one of the wells of ONGC at Kasanapalli in East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh, which has been brought under control, a senior officer said here on Thursday.
"There was a minor leakage from the well yesterday, which was controlled immediately," said Asset Manager, Oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGC) Rajahmundry P Krishna Rao said in a statement.
Following the leak, District Collector Neetu Kumari Prasad appealed to people not panic as ONGC officials had plugged the leak.
This is the second such incident since the GAIL pipeline blast at Nagaram in the district last Friday that has so far claimed 21 lives and injured many.
Many houses, fields and trees had been reduced to ashes as the blast triggered massive fire with flames rising several feet high and destroying everything coming in their way.
On June 29, a leakage was detected in another pipeline belonging to ONGC at Tatipaka, about 80 kms from here, which was replaced.
Meanwhile, ONGC has intensified patrolling in areas where its wells are located, with its Special Protection Force team being on the move to attend to any untoward incident, the officer said.
"ONGC has also initiated a campaign using two vehicles in the areas where wells are located to create awareness among people. These vehicles carry banners mentioning phone numbers and preventive steps to be taken (in case of gas leak)," said Krishna Rao.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed