Minor girl raped in Andhra Pradesh
Rajahmundry: A 13-year-old girl was allegedly raped by a youth in West Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh, police said on Saturday.
The accused, identified as K Purnachandra Rao (21), allegedly sexually assaulted the girl when she was carrying food for her uncle in KP Palem village yesterday, they said.
Police said Rao, riding a two-wheeler, knocked the victim down before taking her to a deserted field where he raped her.
Meanwhile, the victim was today shifted to Kakinada hospital as the village hospital did not have a gynaecologist, they said.
"The girl`s condition is stable and we are conducting medical tests on her", said a doctor at the hospital.
Narsapuram Circle Inspector Naga Murali said a case has been registered against Rao on an FIR lodged by the girl`s parents and efforts are on to trace him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA