Minor girl raped in Andhra Pradesh
Rajahmundry: A 13-year-old girl was allegedly raped by a youth in West Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh, police said on Saturday.
The accused, identified as K Purnachandra Rao (21), allegedly sexually assaulted the girl when she was carrying food for her uncle in KP Palem village yesterday, they said.
Police said Rao, riding a two-wheeler, knocked the victim down before taking her to a deserted field where he raped her.
Meanwhile, the victim was today shifted to Kakinada hospital as the village hospital did not have a gynaecologist, they said.
"The girl`s condition is stable and we are conducting medical tests on her", said a doctor at the hospital.
Narsapuram Circle Inspector Naga Murali said a case has been registered against Rao on an FIR lodged by the girl`s parents and efforts are on to trace him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...