Minor girl raped in Andhra Pradesh
Rajahmundry: A 13-year-old girl was allegedly raped by a youth in West Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh, police said on Saturday.
The accused, identified as K Purnachandra Rao (21), allegedly sexually assaulted the girl when she was carrying food for her uncle in KP Palem village yesterday, they said.
Police said Rao, riding a two-wheeler, knocked the victim down before taking her to a deserted field where he raped her.
Meanwhile, the victim was today shifted to Kakinada hospital as the village hospital did not have a gynaecologist, they said.
"The girl`s condition is stable and we are conducting medical tests on her", said a doctor at the hospital.
Narsapuram Circle Inspector Naga Murali said a case has been registered against Rao on an FIR lodged by the girl`s parents and efforts are on to trace him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence