Minor girl raped in Andhra Pradesh
Rajahmundry: A 13-year-old girl was allegedly raped by a youth in West Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh, police said on Saturday.
The accused, identified as K Purnachandra Rao (21), allegedly sexually assaulted the girl when she was carrying food for her uncle in KP Palem village yesterday, they said.
Police said Rao, riding a two-wheeler, knocked the victim down before taking her to a deserted field where he raped her.
Meanwhile, the victim was today shifted to Kakinada hospital as the village hospital did not have a gynaecologist, they said.
"The girl`s condition is stable and we are conducting medical tests on her", said a doctor at the hospital.
Narsapuram Circle Inspector Naga Murali said a case has been registered against Rao on an FIR lodged by the girl`s parents and efforts are on to trace him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Narsingh Yadav's doping case: WFI rallies behind beleaguered wrestler, backs 'conspiracy' claims
- Two NDFB militants killed in Assam's Kokrajhar
- This Islamic outfit is opposing installation of Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's statue - Know why
- BSF trooper stabs colleague, escapes with weapon in J&K
- 2 fraudulent websites selling LED under UJALA, govt gets in action