Minor girl raped in Andhra Pradesh
Rajahmundry: A 13-year-old girl was allegedly raped by a youth in West Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh, police said on Saturday.
The accused, identified as K Purnachandra Rao (21), allegedly sexually assaulted the girl when she was carrying food for her uncle in KP Palem village yesterday, they said.
Police said Rao, riding a two-wheeler, knocked the victim down before taking her to a deserted field where he raped her.
Meanwhile, the victim was today shifted to Kakinada hospital as the village hospital did not have a gynaecologist, they said.
"The girl`s condition is stable and we are conducting medical tests on her", said a doctor at the hospital.
Narsapuram Circle Inspector Naga Murali said a case has been registered against Rao on an FIR lodged by the girl`s parents and efforts are on to trace him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert