Minor girl raped in Andhra Pradesh
Visakhapatnam: An eleven-year old girl was allegedly raped by a youth in a village in Kasimkota mandal of the district, police said here on Sunday.
The victim, a class VII student, had gone to a farm to fetch some sugarcanes on Friday evening. Spotting her alone, the accused, who resides in the same village, raped her, sub-inspector P Srinivasa Rao said.
The accused, identified as one N Appa Rao (30), is absconding, police said.
Though the village elders tried to hush up the matter, the victim`s family members lodged a complaint with Kasimkota station today, police said.
The girl has been admitted to a government hospital in Anakapalle and her condition is stable.
A case has been registered against the accused under section 376 of the IPC and a search has been launched, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi