Minor girl raped in Andhra Pradesh
Visakhapatnam: An eleven-year old girl was allegedly raped by a youth in a village in Kasimkota mandal of the district, police said here on Sunday.
The victim, a class VII student, had gone to a farm to fetch some sugarcanes on Friday evening. Spotting her alone, the accused, who resides in the same village, raped her, sub-inspector P Srinivasa Rao said.
The accused, identified as one N Appa Rao (30), is absconding, police said.
Though the village elders tried to hush up the matter, the victim`s family members lodged a complaint with Kasimkota station today, police said.
The girl has been admitted to a government hospital in Anakapalle and her condition is stable.
A case has been registered against the accused under section 376 of the IPC and a search has been launched, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- A good beginning: Govt on meet between PM Modi, Sonia over GST Bill